"Kudus, town and regency" Kudus by theo1006
Kudus Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 58 photos
Kudus town has played an important role in the advent if Islam to Java. Its main landmark is the tower of Al-Aqsa mosque, which dates back to 1549 and was built in a pre-islamic style.
Kudus is also the place where Haji Jamahri invented the clove cigarette, and remains a centre for the manufacture of these cigarettes.
Kudus regency has become famous among archeologists due to recent finds of human and animal fossils from the Pleistocene area.
Kudus regency website (Indonesian language)
A visit to Muria mountain at Colo is worth while not only for the Sunan Muria pilgrimage. Nature lovers may want to... more travel advice
Sunan Muria is one of the Walisongo, the nine teachers or wise men who propagated Islam in Central Java and in doing so... more travel advice
theo1006's Related Pages
Kudus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What is in a name?"
- "Kudus, town and regency"
- "WELCOME to KUDUS"
- "Kudus - Temple Beyond Bali"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kudus
- Hotels in Kudus
- Transportation in Kudus
- Restaurants in Kudus
- Shopping in Kudus
- Warnings and Dangers in Kudus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kudus
- 9 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Kudus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kudus
Photos in KudusSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 66 reviews, 327 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bima Intro, 23 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue