"Magelang near Borobudur" Magelang by theo1006
Magelang Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 68 photos
If your things to do include Borobudur, Dieng plateau, Gedong Songo temples, Ambarawa railway museum and/or Merapi volcano (climbing or view from Ketep Pass), consider staying in Magelang instead of Yogyakarta.
With Magelang as a base you are closer to all these destinations, and in Magelang you won't be bothered by souvenir sellers, would-be guides and pickpockets. The town has comparatively many well-preserved colonial buildings and a first-rate, price-worthy resort.
Picture: The pre-independence Teacher Training College building now houses the Registrar's Office of Magelang regency.
The Damri bus company offers a frequent executive class bus service from Yogya airport to Magelang. The bus shelter is... more travel advice
theo1006's Related Pages
Magelang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Magelang Central Java"
- "Tracing Colonial Steps"
- "Magelang, The City Upon The Mountains"
- "BOROBUDUR NEAR MAGELANG CENTRAL JAVA"
- "City near the ancient Boroburdor"
- "Magelang near Borobudur"
- "After Magelang, Muntilan .. here we are: BOROBUDUR"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Magelang
- Hotels in Magelang
- Transportation in Magelang
- Restaurants in Magelang
- Warnings and Dangers in Magelang
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Magelang
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Magelang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Magelang
Photos in MagelangSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 55 reviews, 290 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 22 reviews, 149 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bima Intro, 23 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue