Prambanan Hotel Tips by theo1006 Top 5 Page for this destination
Prambanan Hotels: 7 reviews and 21 photos
Roof terrace of Candi View hotel
Most Prambanan hotels are located on Jalan Candi Sewu, the road that runs along the eastern side of the temple compound and where you find its entrance.
We were looking for the Prambanan Indah Hotel, but found that it was undergoing thorough renovation. And we did not like the dark rooms in their backyard.
Some distance farther down the road we found Hotel Candi View, a small hotel, new and clean and reasonably priced. We would have preferred a room on the top floor, but why must they make them without daylight? So we settled for a room below.
The rate was Rp 140,000 inclusive (December 2008).
Unique Qualities: There is a nice terrace on the top floor, too hot during daytime, but good for relaxing early moring and in the afternoon.
Comparison: about average
Directions: Jalan Candi Sewu, Prambanan
Phone: +62.274.7151222, 496305
Price: less than US$20
Gondang Winangoen Homestay at Klaten
The last Dutch adminstrator of the Gondang Winangoen Sugar Factory, who lived in this colonial house, had to leave it in 1957 when all Dutch owned enterprises were nationalized. Now you can stay here in one of the four rooms and pretend you are a colonial factory manager.
At only 7 km from Prambanan the homestay is an alternative for accommodation in Prambanan, and it can also be a base for exploring the forest on the slopes of Merapi volcano at Deles Indah. Our stay coinciding with sugar production season in the factory (June through August), was truly a great experience. We could roam the grounds and the factory, make pictures and talk to the workers.
The rooms are all different, ranging in price from Rp 250,000 to Rp 400,000 including tax and breakfast. We opted for most expensive one, the administrator had to make a call to make sure that the management of the factory would not want it. They referred to the room as 'sweet room', likely that should be 'suite room'. The room can accommodate four in the two double beds, has AC and hot water in the bathroom.
Address: Jalan Klaten-Yogya km 5, Plawikan village, Jogonalan district, Klaten regency
Comparison: about average
Directions: The homestay lies on the main road from Yogyakarta to Solo, on the western border of the regency capital Klaten. From Prambanan the distance is about 7 km.
Phone: : +62.272.322328
Exterior of Poeri Devata cottage
Poeri Devata Resort Hotel is the same hotel as Prambanan Village Hotel listed in our 2003 Lonely Planet Guide. Since then the hotel got a new management and a new name.
It is the top hotel of Prambanan, conveniently located at walking distance of the Ramayana Ballet Theater, and looking out towards the Prambanan temples. To tell the truth, that location is the sole reason to stay here, because one does not get what one may expect on Java for the kind of price they charge.
The hotel has one kind of room, cottages with temple view or garden view. For temple view, single or double occupancy, foreigners pay USD 90; for garden view USD 80. These prices include breakfast, but are exclusive of 21% service charge and government tax. For domestic guests the rate is Rp 600,000 inclusive.
For such prices one may expect to get a fridge, a telephone and tea/coffee making facilies; all these are lacking. The furniture and AC are old and our water heater had to be relighted several times.
Unique Qualities: At 5 minutes walk from Ramayana Ballet Theater. Cottages have 'garden bathroom'. There is a swimming pool and a jogging track on the Opak river bank.
Address: Klurak, Taman Martani, Kalasan, Sleman
Comparison: most expensive
Directions: West of the Prambanan temple compound, across the Opak river, find the signboard for the Ramaya Ballet Theater. Follow this byroad passing by the theatre entrance until you reach the hotel.
Other Contact: Email: email@example.com
Phone: +62.274.496453, 496435
Hotel Galuh main building
Somewhat farther from the Prambanan temples, but popular with locals is Hotel Galuh. No doubt because it has a neighbouring swimming pool belonging to the same owner.
We found their rooms a bit dark. They also have 'cottages' built of traditional materials on the other side of the road, going for Rp 300,000 to Rp 400,000.
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: On the road to Pakem, 500 m from the most eastern traffic lights, that is the crossing near the railway station.
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (30)
theo1006's Related Pages
Prambanan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Prambanan: temples and more temples"
- "Hindu temple complex"
- "IMPREXXION: YOGYAKARTA-BOROBUDOR-PRAMBANAN"
- "Largest Hindu Temple complex in South East Asia"
- "Under Construction"
- "PRAMBANAN- East of Yogyakarta"
- "Indonesia´s largest Hindu temple."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prambanan
- Hotels in Prambanan
- Transportation in Prambanan
- Restaurants in Prambanan
- Shopping in Prambanan
- Warnings and Dangers in Prambanan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prambanan
- 34 Reviews
- 181 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Prambanan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prambanan
- Posted in Travel Bali Forum "Re: Backpacking in Bali"
- Commented on one of theo1006's Prambanan travel pages
- updated a Prambanan Travel Page "Prambanan: temples and more temples"
- Uploaded a Video to Prambanan
- Uploaded a Photo to "Deles Indah on Merapi volcano"
- Wrote a Review The Ramayana episodic ballet in Prambanan Things to Do
Photos in PrambananSee All Photos (181)
Videos in PrambananSee All Videos (3)
Read real reviews about Prambanan Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 66 reviews, 327 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bima Intro, 23 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue