"Indonesia's most Chinese city" Top 5 Page for this destination Semarang by theo1006
Semarang Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 232 photos
Semarang is the place of the earliest Chinese settlement on Java. Chinese traders obtained a concession of the local rulers to establish a trading post here long before the Arabs and the Europeans arrived.
So the main touristic attraction of Semarang is Chinatown and Chinese culture.
Also there is no lack of colonial architecture.
The lighthouse of Tanjung Mas harbour has guided ships for more than a century and is still operative. It was... more travel advice
A must-see of ancient Dutch architecture - but unfortunately the interior only by appointment - is the “Marabunta Gedung... more travel advice
theo1006's Related Pages
Semarang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Indonesia's most Chinese city"
- "OUDE STAAD - BELANDA KECIL"
- ">> from thousand doors to delicious ice..."
- "Ayo ke Semarang"
- "Semarang "Another Old City""
- "SEMARANG the capital of CENTRAL JAVA Province"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Semarang
- Hotels in Semarang
- Transportation in Semarang
- Restaurants in Semarang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Semarang
- 20 Reviews
- 116 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Semarang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Semarang
Photos in SemarangSee All Photos (116)
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 66 reviews, 327 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bima Intro, 23 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue