"Ungaran town and Semarang regency" Ungaran by theo1006
Ungaran Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 70 photos
Since Semarang regency has been separated from Semarang city, Ungaran is the capital of the regency.
We regulary pass through Ungaran on our way from Salatiga to Semarang. So we mostly know the town as a traffic bottleneck: all traffic from Semarang city to Solo and Yogyakarya passes through it. That condition has been alleviated somewhat after the tollroad from Semarang to Bawen opened in April 2014.
The surroundings of Ungaran are worthwhile, however. And there are a couple of good resorts on the border of town looking out towards Ungaran mountain. For the mountain see our Ambarawa page.
Since 2010 a new development on the southern slope of Ungaran mountain. Since pre-war times Bandungan at 900 masl was... more travel advice
Often it happens that one visits far-away attractions sooner that those nearby. Countless times we have passed by the... more travel advice
theo1006's Related Pages
Ungaran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "gunung ungaran: way to visit candi gedung songo"
- "Ungaran town and Semarang regency"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ungaran
- 9 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Ungaran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ungaran
Photos in UngaranSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Salatiga Intro, 66 reviews, 327 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prambanan Intro, 34 reviews, 181 photos, 4 travelogues
- Blitar Intro, 23 reviews, 153 photos, 4 travelogues
- Soe Intro, 34 reviews, 136 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bima Intro, 23 reviews, 139 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kupang Intro, 32 reviews, 124 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 22 reviews, 131 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bali Intro, 22 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 30 reviews, 116 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 25 reviews, 116 photos, 1 travelogue