Anaheim Restaurant Tips by CruisingGoddess
Anaheim Restaurants: 74 reviews and 119 photos
Blue Bayou is a restaurant located in New Orleans Square inside Disneyland. It is the restaurant that you float by at the beginning of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride. The wonderful thing about the Blue Bayou is that you feel like you are eating outdoors on the waterfront of a Louisana bayou at night...no matter what time of the day it is! The sky is dark, the stars are shining, crickets are chirping, and fireflies fly by. You also hear the peaceful swish of the water as the boats go by. My husband and I have eaten here 6 times and every dish has been delicious. The service is also excellent. It's the best restaurant at Disneyland and especially great for a romantic dinner. Though keep in mind that Disneyland is for families so even Blue Bayou has many kids and the riders on "Pirates of the Caribbean" occassionally yell when floating by the restaurant. The paper pirate hats that my sister and I are wearing in the photo is the kids' menu. If you want one, just ask. =) The restaurant is pricer than other dining options at Disneyland but it's worth it for a one-of-a-kind experience! This restaurant is ALWAYS booked so don't expect to walk up on a weekend and get a table. Make reservations in advance by calling Disney Dining at (714) 781-3463.
Address: 700 W Ball Rd, Anaheim, CA 92802-1843
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: New Orleans Square
Phone: (714) 781-3463
Ariel's Grotto is located at the entrance to Paradise Pier inside Disney's California Adventure theme park and home to "Ariel's Disney Princess Celebration", one of the Disneyland Resort’s Character Dining options. They serve lunch and dinner. For a set price, you get your choice of soup or salad, entrée, and dessert. Kids get an entrée and dessert. Drinks are extra. Adult entrees include fish & chips, cheeseburger, pasta, B.L.T. sandwich, pot pie, meatloaf, and 2 salads. Kids’ entrees include all the favorites, like mac and cheese, corn dogs, and chicken nuggets. Honestly, the food is mediocre and I’ve had much better food at other Disneyland Resort restaurants but no one is there for the food. During the course of the meal, your table is visited by Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora individually. When they visit, you have a chance to take a photo with them and get their autograph. Each meal ends with a pile of cotton candy and you get to take home an Ariel’s Grotto button as a keepsake. Since the restaurant is located on Paradise Pier, you get a great waterfront view too. Character Dining is definitely a must for any Disneyland Resort trip and this is the only Princess dining experience. It’s an extremely magically experience for kids who love Disney Princesses! I’ve seen a 2-hour wait for Ariel’s Grotto and sometimes it can be booked up for the rest of the day. Make reservations in advance by calling Disney Dining at (714) 781-3463.
Address: 1600 S Disneyland Dr., Anaheim, CA
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Inside Disney's California Adventure theme park at the entrance to Paradise Pier.
Phone: (714) 781-3463
More Reviews (2)
CruisingGoddess' Related Pages
Anaheim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Disneyland on a Budget"
- "Another View of Anaheim"
- "The Happiest Place on Earth..."
- "Orange County"
- "Mission San Juan Capistrano"
- "b1bob's Mickey Mouse Anaheim adventures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Anaheim
- Hotels in Anaheim
- Transportation in Anaheim
- Nightlife in Anaheim
- Restaurants in Anaheim
- Shopping in Anaheim
- Warnings and Dangers in Anaheim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Anaheim
- 4 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Anaheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anaheim
Photos in AnaheimSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Tokyo Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Denali National Park and Preserve Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Dallas Intro, 5 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Anaheim 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Honolulu 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Alaska Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (32)
- Disneyland- 227 Reviews, 579 Photos
- California Adventure- 72 Reviews, 244 Photos
- Gardenwalk- 6 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Anaheim Convention Center- 2 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Honda Center- 3 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Universal Studios- 1 Review, 5 Photos
- Edison Field- 4 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Knott's Berry Farm- 2 Reviews, 1 Photo
- The Grove- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- Farmer's Market- 1 Review, 1 Photo
See All Anaheim Things to Do