"On the Road" Dester's Profile

My New Peterbilt!
My Family

"Loyalty makes a person kind. And it is better to be poor than dishonest" Proverbs 19:22

This is one of my Mom's Favorites. I thought it appropriate on a site dedicated to friends and travel.

Kentucky River Pallisades Area

My old stomping grounds back in Kentucky. I love this river. 200ft + cliffs of Karst limestone line each bank of the river leaving many campsites to be had accessible only by boat. On this 35km stretch of the river you won't see another boat on many a day.

Nova Scotia

Where most my family is. It is truly a place that God was generous to.

Keep On Truckin'

I'll take a plane if I have to but I'd rather have eighteen wheels under me!

• Intro Updated Jan 10, 2012

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Two days in a row? The honeymoon must be over..............lol. :-)

Jan 29, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I'm seeing things!!! Dester is online? No way..........imposter......lol. :-)

Jan 29, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Haha,sorry , it's me Song, my life has changed so much here lately, it's.got my head spinning. Marriage to the sweetest girl in the world can be something that takes a lot of focus for an old bachelor. I love coming back to vt and seeing all the changes. G always did a great job but I'm glad to see that they got it more user friendly than it was for awhile. Wishing all the best, Dester :0)

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Dester, Happy Birthday; keep on trucking. PJ

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Thank you Pieter, hoping all is well with you and yours and even better tomorrow :0)

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Doggone it - I see you logged in about a week ago and I missed you again!! When you comin' back to us, Davey?

May 14, 2013 at 7:55 AM

The new hubby surfaces!!! Stll waiting for those wedding pics. Glad to see you back online.....Kathy

May 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I know, I don't get on much now, I didn't realize how little free time a husband gets!

• JessieLang's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Davey--Nice to hear from you, and I'm happy for you. If you and your lady ever roll through here, let me know.

May 16, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Will do Jessie, I think she'll be hitting the road with me this fall:-)

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Hi' David.
    Great photo of your truck.

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Thank's old buddy, keep siezing the day, I've been staying close here lately, my new bride has my heart and that's where the home is :-)

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Brilliant ppp photo, big man. You both look great. All the very bset to both of you. fergy.

• JessieLang's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Congratulations, Davey! I just saw the new picture.

• poppy6488's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Davey! :-D Haven't been on here as mauch lately and have only just caught up with the news! Delighted for you. Wanna share the story with me...?

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Dester's Profile Photo

Dester

“The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for. - Louis Lamour”

Real Name