"Camiguin: sun, sea, sky" Top 5 Page for this destination Camiguin Island by mai_oh_mai

Camiguin Island Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 205 photos

Love's Sweeter the Second Time Around

I was around 10 years old when I first went to Camiguin. Tita Edna, my mom's friend from work, a Camiguin native, was very generous to invite us to a week-long stay in the island, all expenses paid! :) There were two things that made that trip memorable. The first was borne out of my ignorance in seafaring causes-and-effects. I developed a bad case of gas as soon as we landed! It was entirely my fault; I took in as much sea air as I could during the entire boat ride from Balingoan to Camiguin. I spent the first day curled up in bed instead of enjoying the sights. The other thing was love at first sight or should I say, first bite. I fell in love.... with fried kamote tops. I still hanker for those fried veggie leaves.

My second and most recent visit was in 2005. I was no longer a naive 10-year old but a happy, single, female with a bunch of girl-friends from Manila. This time we checked in at Enigmata as recommended by a friend. And we had fun! (You know how booze and music can get the better of one's senses. Heheh... ) It also helped that Ros, our hostess, was entertaining and vivacious. This time I fell for Enigmata's Fern and Spinach Pizza. Hay kalami!

• Last visit to Camiguin Island: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 23, 2006

Comments

Badges & Stats in Camiguin Island

Have you been to Camiguin Island?

Friends