"THE HORN OF AFRICA" Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia by Elisabcn

Ethiopia Travel Guide: 1,865 reviews and 9,202 photos

I am back from Ethiopia!
Gorgeous nature, incredible cultural heritage, diversity of traditions and lots of adventures . . .
Let me tell you about this great country here on VT.

- The foot that is restless will tread on a turd -
(Ethiopian proverb)

Ethiopia is huge! We only spent three weeks, travelling mainly by public transport so we only could see a small part of this fantastic country.

We landed at Adis Abeba from Paris and from there we visited the so called "Historical route", in the north (clockwise) + the city of Harar, in the south east of the country.

The Things to Do tips' order here does not follow my steps. It corresponds to a Chronological Order, from the first inhabitants in the region until modern Ethiopia. I thought that like this it was easier to understand the country's History, which is very rich but very complex at the same time.

My inspiration:

Ethiopia & Eritrea (Lonely Planet)

Ethiopie. Au fabuleux pays du prêtre Jean (Guides Olizane)

Altair Ethiopia & Eritrea. Pueblos y Culturas del Cuerno de Africa, num 37

A guide to Lalibela (Arada books)

And more information:

Bahir Dar, THE dreamed Riviera.

Gondar, the Medieval Camelot.

• In a nutshell:A great country to discover
  • Intro Updated Jun 18, 2011

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2011 at 12:32 AM

A wonderful page Elisa! Ethiopia is on my wishlist and you inspire me not to wait too long before visiting, but my only consern is the weather the time of year I have holiday.

• Puma_Azul's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Elisa, i have never think on going to Ethiopia, but doing a "virtual trip" in ur great pages i think now that must be a very interesting place to visit. I would love to see the baboons (they look so funny !) at the Simiens Mount... a hug from here

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2011 at 7:56 AM

Fantastic pages and gorgeous photos Elisa - thanks for the 'virtual tour'! So much wonderful information - I'll be back when we start planning in earnest! Regards Cathy

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2011 at 3:56 AM

That looks really interesting. Just found myself checking the price of plane tickets to Ethiopia :O)

• May 30, 2011 at 7:34 PM

done yet chica?

Elisabcn

“Put me on a plane already!!!”

Badges & Stats in Ethiopia

Have you been to Ethiopia?

Latest Activity in Ethiopia