"Random walks in Ile de France" Top 5 Page for this destination Île-de-France by Elisabcn

Île-de-France Travel Guide: 24,279 reviews and 61,572 photos

There must be sth interesting outside Paris . . .

"de saisir les parcelles du beau égarées sur la terre,
de suivre le beau à la piste partout où il a pu se glisser à travers les trivialités de la nature déchue"

No matter what Paris has to offer, when the week end arrives I am always happy to leave.
After living during 14 months between Romans and Numidians, now I am looking for medieval villages and lost abbeys.
But a legend, a poem, a painting or even a picture found somewhere can inspire my trips as well.

Ile de France is much more than Paris so . . . Allons!!!

• Pros:much more than Paris
  • In a nutshell:ALLONS!!!
  • Intro Updated Dec 22, 2009

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2011 at 2:02 AM

Elisa, fabulous little page with excellent tips for side trips from Paris. I especially like that you already suggest the transport mode. Very helpful.

• themajor's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2011 at 3:53 AM

Well the absinthe museum is a delight - I'll definitely take a look next time I visit Paris. I almost hate to mention it but the original recipe was apparently taken to France from Switzerland - I won't be mentioning that in Paris...

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2010 at 2:06 PM

Drinking absinthe in Auvers-what a trip if you can remember later after the hang over. YOu did a fine job of taking the pictures and comment detail is fantastic

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2010 at 2:12 PM

The craddle of France is so beautiful. . . I liked this virtual tour far from the hassle of Paris.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Beautiful photos of St. Denis, and I loved your insightful tip re: the absinthe museum. Thanks!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Fine tips on Auvers, Montfort, Provins and Poissy -- places I have never visited up to now. (Also La Défense, but I've been there.) I'm interested in Le Corbusier, but I don't like his glorification of the automobile as the main means of transportation.

Elisabcn Visits Here Frequently!

Elisabcn

“Put me on a plane already!!!”

Badges & Stats in Île-de-France

Have you been to Île-de-France?