"Exploring Titicaca Lake" Top 5 Page for this destination Lago Titicaca by Elisabcn
Lago Titicaca Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 370 photos
The turquoise waters of Titicaca Lake are a magnet as powerful as the Andes. Colourful people living on floating islands, ancient local customs and some off the beaten path Aymara remains are a delight for photographers and show you another side of Per˙ as interesting as its colonial cities or the Inca remains. But a visit of the highest navigable lake in the world cannot be completed without its Bolivian shore and islands, especially Isla del Sol: on this quiet island, many many years before Macchu Pichu or Sacred Valley, born the largest empire in America, the Inca Empire.
- Pros:Its blue water, local people, ancient remains and legends
- Cons:I missed Tiawanako! (and I am still crying about it)
- In a nutshell:Cusco - Titicaca
This hotel was a super choice in Copacabana, by the Titicaca lake, with gorgeous views. The hotel takes its name from... more travel advice
The following day we did not want to go back to Copacabana without visiting the Moon Island. Less frequented by tourists... more travel advice
Elisabcn's Related Pages
Lago Titicaca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The highest lake and some islands"
- "Totora (3827m)"
- "Exploring Titicaca Lake"
- "Experience Lago Titicaca"
- "A photographer's paradise!"
- "Lake Titicaca"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lago Titicaca
- Hotels in Lago Titicaca
- Transportation in Lago Titicaca
- Nightlife in Lago Titicaca
- Restaurants in Lago Titicaca
- Shopping in Lago Titicaca
- Warnings and Dangers in Lago Titicaca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lago Titicaca
- 13 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Lago Titicaca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lago Titicaca
Photos in Lago TiticacaSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunisia Intro, 140 reviews, 341 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 36 reviews, 85 photos
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jordan Intro, 30 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catalunya Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 48 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 35 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 45 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination ╬le-de-France Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahir Dar Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos