Samarkand Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Elisabcn Top 5 Page for this destination
Samarkand Warnings and Dangers: 9 reviews and 6 photos
When i do long trips I use to buy Lonely Planet guidebook. There is no guidebook about Uzbekistan so I bought "Central Asia" guidebook where, apart from Uzbekistan, you can find some information about Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan.
I have nothing to say about history and general information about the most important cities of Uzbekistan because more or less was the same our guide was telling us but some chapters like "women travellers" or "religion" are absolutely wrong. So don't worry, take it easy, Uzbekistan is a quiet country. Women can travel alone and they don't need to dress in a particular way, i saw lots of uzbek ladies wearing miniskirts
40% of travellers that fly with aeroflot from Moscow to Central Asia loose their luggage. So bring a complete cabin luggage with you, do all the necessary reclaims before leaving the airport (and keep all the receipts of your reclaims) and take it easy. We were without luggage for 4days
More Reviews (43)
- See All Nice restaurant, some nightlife
- See All Postcards from Samarqand
- Samarqand-Tashkent by train
Elisabcn's Related Pages
Samarkand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mirror of the World,"
- "Take the Golden Road to Samarqand"
- "Samarkand - Central Asia's Eternal Beauty"
- "Splendour of the Silk Road"
- "Magical City"
- "Samarkand, a tale city"
- "Crossroads of Cultures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Samarkand
- Hotels in Samarkand
- Transportation in Samarkand
- Nightlife in Samarkand
- Restaurants in Samarkand
- Shopping in Samarkand
- Warnings and Dangers in Samarkand
- See All...
Explore the World
- Barbary Apes
- Kansas Warnings and Dangers
- Santiago de Cuba Warnings and Dangers
- Leipzig Warnings and Dangers
- Sighisoara Warnings and Dangers
- Dover Warnings and Dangers
- Cornwall Warnings and Dangers
- Nesebar Warnings and Dangers
- Marburg an der Lahn Warnings and Dangers
- Hershey Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Samarkand
- 45 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Samarkand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Samarkand
Photos in SamarkandSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunisia Intro, 140 reviews, 341 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 36 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jordan Intro, 30 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catalunya Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 48 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 35 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 45 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île-de-France Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahir Dar Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
- Registan- 51 Reviews, 137 Photos
- Shah-i-Zinda- 26 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Gur Emir Mausoleum- 22 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Ulugh Beg Observatory- 9 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Bibi-Khanym Mosque- 17 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Afrosiab- 9 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Ulugh Beg Madrasa- 5 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Bazaar- 5 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Sher-Dor Madrasah- 6 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Hazreti Hizir Mosque- 4 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Samarkand Things to Do