Samarkand Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Elisabcn Top 5 Page for this destination
Samarkand Warnings and Dangers: 9 reviews and 6 photos
When i do long trips I use to buy Lonely Planet guidebook. There is no guidebook about Uzbekistan so I bought "Central Asia" guidebook where, apart from Uzbekistan, you can find some information about Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan.
I have nothing to say about history and general information about the most important cities of Uzbekistan because more or less was the same our guide was telling us but some chapters like "women travellers" or "religion" are absolutely wrong. So don't worry, take it easy, Uzbekistan is a quiet country. Women can travel alone and they don't need to dress in a particular way, i saw lots of uzbek ladies wearing miniskirts
40% of travellers that fly with aeroflot from Moscow to Central Asia loose their luggage. So bring a complete cabin luggage with you, do all the necessary reclaims before leaving the airport (and keep all the receipts of your reclaims) and take it easy. We were without luggage for 4days
More Reviews (43)
- See All Nice restaurant, some nightlife
- See All Postcards from Samarqand
- Samarqand-Tashkent by train
Elisabcn's Related Pages
Samarkand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mirror of the World,"
- "Take the Golden Road to Samarqand"
- "Samarkand - Central Asia's Eternal Beauty"
- "Splendour of the Silk Road"
- "Magical City"
- "Samarkand, a tale city"
- "Crossroads of Cultures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Samarkand
- Hotels in Samarkand
- Transportation in Samarkand
- Nightlife in Samarkand
- Restaurants in Samarkand
- Shopping in Samarkand
- Warnings and Dangers in Samarkand
- See All...
Explore the World
- Smethwick Hotels
- Einsiedlerhof Hotels
- Le Mas-d'Azil Hotels
- Saint Joseph Hotels
- Alice Springs Warnings and Dangers
- Tibet Warnings and Dangers
- San Felipe Warnings and Dangers
- Eating & drinking
- Waikiki Warnings and Dangers
- Pickpockets and Purse-Snatchers
- Newark Warnings and Dangers
- Cascais Warnings and Dangers
- Varenna Warnings and Dangers
- Glasgow Warnings and Dangers
- Olinda Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Samarkand
- 45 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Samarkand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Samarkand
Photos in SamarkandSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunisia Intro, 140 reviews, 341 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 36 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jordan Intro, 30 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catalunya Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 48 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 35 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 45 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île-de-France Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahir Dar Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Latest Samarkand hotel reviews
- Hotel Afrosiyob Palace
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 21, 2012