"From the other side of the Mediterranean . . ." Top 5 Page for this destination Tunisia by Elisabcn

Tunisia Travel Guide: 4,906 reviews and 13,440 photos

« Maître ! » dit l'ancien esclave, «Si ton coeur est intrépide, je te conduirai dans Carthage. »

It's strange . . . I came to Tunisia because of the Mediterranean Sea and at the end I will leave missing the abandoned remains spread over the western landscapes and the (Dorsale) Mountains.

Many trips to the north and the coast, i have almost visited all the "interesting" and "curious" destinations there.

One page about Kairouan: I visited it (again) in December 2008 and the colors and life of that smiling city warmed my heart

An Andalusian village in the middle of the Tunisian mountains?? Don't miss Zaghouan, its colorful fountains with fresh water and the impressive Temple des Eaux

Please come in, follow me . . . and enjoy

Special thanks to *Nico*, Cristina, Leticia, Carles, Cecilia, Simone and Narcis who decided to fly to Tunisia to spend some time with me and for their moral support "sur place" ;-)). Together we discovered Tunisia, we laughed a lot and we had a good time. Again a big MERCI!!

Updates: 01-08-2009 this page is finished

• Pros:Moutains, its culture, traditions, impressive landscapes, different people . . .
  • Cons:mah!
  • In a nutshell:much more than sun, touristy beaches and Star Wars . . .
  • Intro Updated Nov 26, 2010

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2011 at 7:47 AM

I will return to look at you Tunisia page. I missed an opportunity to go there a year ago and now regret it. Hopefully soon!

• Dec 14, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Also visit Le Tea Shop whic is a lovely old cafe with mosaics and has free WIFI. It is at the bottom of the main tourist hill.

• JessieLang's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Browsing your Tunisia pages brings back a lot of memories from my short 2-week visit there. Great job!

• hekate's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Ain Tounga tip is very interesting :))) Tunisia is in my wish list, so truelly enjoyed reading your page :)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2009 at 12:56 PM

It is good to have a second look at your huge Tunisia page that reminds me of my visits to this beautiful country. I will visit your page and updates bits by bits! I love local markets too!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2009 at 5:00 AM

My first visit to your Tunisia page has been enough to stir my interest, Elisa. From here, Tunisia seems so remote, exotic and different

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Interesting tip on Takrouna. I'll try and check it out next time I'm in Tunisia. Thanks.

• karentids's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Great page, very interesting. I really love the piece on Police Checks - ha ha ha, very funny. Thanks

• white_smallstar's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I experienced all the 4 basic rules day by day very well! Discovering them by myself (and with your ‘little’ help ;) ), was funny even if I am still a bit "shocked" for my journey from Sfax in a good way. *N*

• junecorlett's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Tunisia is not on our travel list, Thanks for the tips, I also am a people watcher..

Elisabcn Used To Live Here!

Elisabcn

“Put me on a plane already!!!”

Badges & Stats in Tunisia

Have you been to Tunisia?

Latest Activity in Tunisia