"From the other side of the Mediterranean . . ." Top 5 Page for this destination Tunisia by Elisabcn
Tunisia Travel Guide: 4,883 reviews and 13,264 photos
« Maître ! » dit l'ancien esclave, «Si ton coeur est intrépide, je te conduirai dans Carthage. »
It's strange . . . I came to Tunisia because of the Mediterranean Sea and at the end I will leave missing the abandoned remains spread over the western landscapes and the (Dorsale) Mountains.
Many trips to the north and the coast, i have almost visited all the "interesting" and "curious" destinations there.
One page about Kairouan: I visited it (again) in December 2008 and the colors and life of that smiling city warmed my heart
An Andalusian village in the middle of the Tunisian mountains?? Don't miss Zaghouan, its colorful fountains with fresh water and the impressive Temple des Eaux
Please come in, follow me . . . and enjoy
Special thanks to *Nico*, Cristina, Leticia, Carles, Cecilia, Simone and Narcis who decided to fly to Tunisia to spend some time with me and for their moral support "sur place" ;-)). Together we discovered Tunisia, we laughed a lot and we had a good time. Again a big MERCI!!
Updates: 01-08-2009 this page is finished
- Pros:Moutains, its culture, traditions, impressive landscapes, different people . . .
- In a nutshell:much more than sun, touristy beaches and Star Wars . . .
Ici brille le rocher doré des Numides (Stace, IAD) Chemtou is a real off the beaten path. It is not easy to reach if... more travel advice
Sbeitla is one of the best Roman sites in Tunisia. We are talking about the ancient Sufetula, founded on a Numidian site... more travel advice
- See All A pseudo troglodyte hotel :-))))
- See All Nice excursion to Cap Bon: Al Haouria
- See All How to avoid police controls
- See All Ehemmm . . .
Elisabcn's Related Pages
Tunisia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From the other side of the Mediterranean . . ."
- "Aslaama Tunisia"
- "Tunisia - From the Mediterranean to the Sahara"
- "Nice Tunisia !"
- "Tunisia - North African jewel with lots of history"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tunisia
- Hotels in Tunisia
- Transportation in Tunisia
- Nightlife in Tunisia
- Restaurants in Tunisia
- Shopping in Tunisia
- Warnings and Dangers in Tunisia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tunisia
- 166 Reviews
- 390 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Tunisia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tunisia
- Commented on one of DAO's Tunisia travel pages
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Isn't it time for new photos..."
- updated a Tunisia Travel Page "From the other side of the Mediterranean . . ."
- Wrote a Review A pseudo troglodyte hotel :-)))) in Tunisia Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sbeitla: the independentist :-))"
- Uploaded a Video to Tunisia
Videos in TunisiaSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tunisia Intro, 140 reviews, 341 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 30 reviews, 92 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ethiopia Intro, 36 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jordan Intro, 30 reviews, 86 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catalunya Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 48 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 35 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Samarkand Intro, 45 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Île-de-France Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bahir Dar Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos
Top Tunisia hotels
- Hammamet Hotels
- 174 Reviews - 440 Photos
- Sousse Hotels
- 326 Reviews - 933 Photos
- Tunis Hotels
- 329 Reviews - 1050 Photos
- Monastir Hotels
- 84 Reviews - 344 Photos
- Douz Hotels
- 135 Reviews - 304 Photos
- Mahdia Hotels
- 43 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Tozeur Hotels
- 97 Reviews - 215 Photos
- Sidi Bou Said Hotels
- 105 Reviews - 315 Photos
- Ile de Jerba Hotels
- 224 Reviews - 619 Photos
- Nefta Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 69 Photos
- Matmata Hotels
- 80 Reviews - 251 Photos
- Midoun Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 17 Photos
- Zarzis Hotels
- 11 Hotels
- Carthage Hotels
- 134 Reviews - 494 Photos
- Al Marsa Hotels
- 9 Hotels