"Scotland and beyond" chrisdScotland's Profile
At last, some words on the page!
I love living in Scotland but feel great delight when my next trip arrangements are made. My husband and I travel abroad around 3 times a year, funds permitting. Having only ‘us’ to worry about we can take more chances with last minute flights, but the suspense of not having anything booked kills me!
Photography is my passion. (after Ian that is) When anyone tells me they takes no photographs on holiday I always think, how odd! I couldn’t conceive taking a holiday without a camera, in fact why take only one?
I do hope my narratives can keep up with the picture content on my travel pages.
Please contact me if you are of a like mind.
While clicking away at the beautiful views over the city, from Miradouro Sao Pedro de Alcantara, I was lucky enough to witness this photo shoot developing behind me. It was a bit like a flash mob, 7 or 8 frenzied photographers running after the couple weaving their way around the gardens. My only regret is that I didn't have my VT 'people behind the places' flag with me!!!
While on holiday in Sardinia we came across this wee dog along a dusty lane. Very friendly, with a collar but also a slight limp. All he wanted to do was walk with us so we let him!
The next night I went out on my own, this time with some water, not really wanting to find him so I could think of him in a loving home not abandoned. He was there. . .
Yes I did cry as I poured him out the water, telling him I was so sorry that I couldn't take him with me. This was our last evening. His little face haunted me all night.
The next morning I asked at reception and was told this was VERY common problem around Sardinia but that there was a person from 'LIDA Olbia' who came round looking for such dogs.
I Googled 'LIDA Olbia' the day after we got back and sent them an email. Guess what! They sent an answer later that day saying they had found wee Freddie where I had left him. They took him to see a vet and were now looking after him with all their other rescued dogs. A few days later they sent a couple of pictures of him at the vets and said they would let me know what happens to him. Oh and that they had named him Domenico. Thats as may be but he will always be wee Freddie to me!
Link to Sardinia pages
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 28 Reviews
- 250 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel Funchal Forum "Funchal theatre performances "
updated their Profile Page "Scotland and beyond"
- Wrote a Review The Highest 'Port' in Lisbon about Eat, drink, and be merry in Lisbon Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Scotland and beyond"
- created a Lisbon Travelogue "Cascais to Estoril Costal Path"
- Commented on chrisdScotland's profile page
- chrisdScotland and y2ketan2007 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Sri Lanka
VideosSee All Videos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Sri Lanka Intro, 1 review, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madeira Island Intro, 4 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sardegna Intro, 1 review, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Marrakesh Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Bergamo Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bordeaux Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nice Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alicante Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos