"Scotland and beyond" chrisdScotland's Profile

A bit about me

At last, some words on the page!
I love living in Scotland but feel great delight when my next trip arrangements are made. My husband and I travel abroad around 3 times a year, funds permitting. Having only ‘us’ to worry about we can take more chances with last minute flights, but the suspense of not having anything booked kills me!
Photography is my passion. (after Ian that is) When anyone tells me they takes no photographs on holiday I always think, how odd! I couldn’t conceive taking a holiday without a camera, in fact why take only one?
I do hope my narratives can keep up with the picture content on my travel pages.
Please contact me if you are of a like mind.

Keep a lookout for THAT photo opportunities

While clicking away at the beautiful views over the city, from Miradouro Sao Pedro de Alcantara, I was lucky enough to witness this photo shoot developing behind me. It was a bit like a flash mob, 7 or 8 frenzied photographers running after the couple weaving their way around the gardens. My only regret is that I didn't have my VT 'people behind the places' flag with me!!!

VT 'Teries' meet up in Sri Lanka

Return to Madeira Feb. 2009

We liked it so much last year we went back for more.
Link to Madeira pages

2008 holidays

Link to Paphos pages

Link to Madrid pages

Abandoned

While on holiday in Sardinia we came across this wee dog along a dusty lane. Very friendly, with a collar but also a slight limp. All he wanted to do was walk with us so we let him!
The next night I went out on my own, this time with some water, not really wanting to find him so I could think of him in a loving home not abandoned. He was there. . .
Yes I did cry as I poured him out the water, telling him I was so sorry that I couldn't take him with me. This was our last evening. His little face haunted me all night.
The next morning I asked at reception and was told this was VERY common problem around Sardinia but that there was a person from 'LIDA Olbia' who came round looking for such dogs.
I Googled 'LIDA Olbia' the day after we got back and sent them an email. Guess what! They sent an answer later that day saying they had found wee Freddie where I had left him. They took him to see a vet and were now looking after him with all their other rescued dogs. A few days later they sent a couple of pictures of him at the vets and said they would let me know what happens to him. Oh and that they had named him Domenico. Thats as may be but he will always be wee Freddie to me!

Link to Sardinia pages

• Intro Updated Mar 25, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
chrisdScotland's Profile Photo

chrisdScotland

“Travel is more fun with a friend”

Real Name