"Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty" Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City by tidzy
Bacolod City Travel Guide: 459 reviews and 1,157 photos
Bacolod City is known for its amiability and warm hospitality and that makes me proud to be a Bacolodnon! This is where I was born and this is where I've been living all 19 years of my life. This small city is fast becoming a metropolitan with developments of every kind crowding the region--new, classy hotels and accommodations; shopping centers big and small; restaurants of every kind serving contemporary creations as well as everyday dishes and home style cooking; modern IT parks; schools, colleges and universities with cutting-edge facilities and well-trained professionals teaching only the best to the students and many, many more.
This is one side of small city living that you don't want to miss.
Negros Occidental is known as the Philippines' Sugar bowl and Bacolod is right at the center of the activity. Driving just a few minutes into the outskirts of the city, you could already see bountiful sugarcane fields.
Since Bacolod is located at the sugar capital of the Philippines, naturally, desserts and delicacies are delightfully sweeter. Try our piaya, bayi-bayi, napoleones, pinasugbo and many more! But its not only those tasty endings that make Bacolodnons famous in the food business, we're also known to make tempting appetizers, heart-warming soups, mouthwatering entrees and satisfying main courses. (It is, after all, rumored that Bacolodnons have great taste!)
The most notable of these, I believe, is the Bacolod Chicken Inasal--a savory and just a LITTLE sweet chicken breast or thigh skewered with a barbecue stick and grilled to perfection.
Bacolod is just full of little surprises you wouldn't dream it had.
- Pros:Bacolod is not as busy as Manila and has a laid-back lifestyle. The locals are friendly, accommodating and makes you feel right at home!
- Cons:Tourists use Bacolod as a jump-off point to resorts, beaches and other places of interests because if you don't know your way around or what to do, you'd have nothing to do in Bacolod.
- In a nutshell:It's more than just a jump-off point. Get to know the locals and visit our places of interest, you'll fall in love with our little city. Bacolod has also been dubbed as the best city to live in, so you might want to try it out for yourself :)
This hip new club has attracted party-goers with their non-stop partying every weekend. Guest DJs from all over the... more travel advice
This quaint little night spot is located in a corner of Piazza Sorrento. It's ideal for small group gatherings where you... more travel advice
- See All Satisfy your hunger pangs!
- See All Snatchers
- See All For the cheapest buys in town!
- See All The Rare and the Beautiful
tidzy's Related Pages
Bacolod City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City of Smiles"
- "Welcome to the City of Smiles - Bacolod!"
- "Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty"
- "Where the air is sweet"
- "Bacolod, is it really a dullsville?"
- "Kari Kamo Sa Bacolod!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bacolod City
- Hotels in Bacolod City
- Transportation in Bacolod City
- Nightlife in Bacolod City
- Restaurants in Bacolod City
- Shopping in Bacolod City
- Warnings and Dangers in Bacolod City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bacolod City
- 52 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bacolod City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bacolod City
- Wrote a Review Be at the most happening parties at in Bacolod City Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Be at the most happening parties at"
- Posted in Travel Bacolod City Forum "Re: nearest place to stay"
- updated a Bacolod City Travel Page "Where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty"
- Commented on one of matt10gonzalez's Bacolod City travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bacolod City Intro, 52 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sipalay Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Silay City Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Cebu City Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Baguio City 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Mambucal Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Victorias 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Manila 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Bohol Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos