"There's no place like my hometown!" danyelspips's Profile
Heritage City of Vigan, Province of Ilocos Sur, Republic of the Philippines
"The City Hall."
This is the seat of my hometown.The place where I used to work as a legislative staff at the Office of the City Council.
Vigan is the place where I am spending my years on earth. The place where I felt love ...... the place where I lost my heart..........And this will be the place where I do wait for "my one great love."
Wherever he may come from.....No matter who he is....
Don Juan de Salcedo, the grandson of conquistador Miguel Lopez de Legaspi, founded "Villa Fernandina de Vigan" in 1572 making Vigan the 3rd Oldest Spanish settlement in the Philippines.
This is the SESSION HALL...It is where the local legislative branch of the local government of the City of Vigan formulates local ordinances and resolutions.......
It's here where I was appointed.....
December 4, 1999, our Historic town of Vigan was inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage List of Sites and Monuments.
Basis of inscription:
1. Vigan represents a unique fusion of Asian building design and construction with European colonial architecture and planning and criterion. and..
2. Vigan is an exceptionally intact and well preserved example of a European trading town in East and South-east Asia.
Philippines is an archipelago where Vigan City is one of the islands.
Vigan, a bustling center for tourism commerce and industry is a community that deeply treasures our rich cultural and historical heritage and a people who are God-fearing, self reliant and empowered, led by transformed leaders who are credible, sincere, pro-active and delopment oriented.
I can say that Vigan City is a place where progress and development never affect the historic tradition and well-preserved culture of the Biguenos.
Celebrated every 18th day of September every year, together with all the Heritage Sites in the World....on this day, we renewed our vows of protecting the heritage city
We celebrate sthe Vigan Longanisa Festival every month of May every year.
The City displays the making of the "Longanisa" one of the native delicacies here... And we made a free taste to all our visitors, local and foreign visitors. there is a big parade and street dancing around the City.
It was created and established by a resolution proclaiming Mira Hills in Vigan City as the Filipino-Spanish Friendship Park commemorating the Filipino-Spanish sisterhood agreement.
The scenery of nature can be felt here considering that it is a hill, where swimming pool was established. There is also a basketball court, a volleyball court ......
This is the famous street in Vigan City. Here you can feel the ambiance of Spanish and Asian culture. The houses here were built during the Spanish colonization in the Philippines.
The street has been well preserved and protected.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 28 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- danyelspips and jabdulrasool are now friends.
- Commented on danyelspips's profile page
- Wrote a Review Home-cooked foods in Tagaytay Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Home-cooked foods"
- updated a Tagaytay Travel Page "Tagaytay City Escapade"
- Posted in Travel Ukiah Forum "Re: A New Member"
updated their Personal Page "Epiphany and her travel adventures"
- Uploaded a Video to World
Top 10 Pages
- Vigan Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos
- Province of Camarines Sur Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Tagaytay Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Province of Zambales Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Cebu City Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Antipolo Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Pasay City Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Baguio Intro, 1 photo
- Nasugbu Intro, 1 photo
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos