"Welcome to my home town" Nelson Bay by betska

Nelson Bay Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 65 photos

Port Stephens - a blue water wonderland!

Port Stephens is a huge expanse of water, 2 times the size of Sydney Harbour and made up of many small comunities on it's northern, southern and western shores.
Unfortunately, VT only has the area "Nelson Bay", which is just one of the many towns in the area.
We are located 200 klms north of Sydney, approx. 2 1/2 hours drive

• Intro Written Sep 28, 2008

• fachd's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Hi Kim and I will be in Nelson Bay towing our newly camper trailer and staying in Halifax Holiday Park, should be fun I hope.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Only once in your neck of the woods passing through as we headed north but would love to see more. How about a virtual tour sometime?

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2010 at 6:02 PM

You're definitely invited to check it out...as long as you dress for it...ha..the climate...and the hot tub! Hope to see you here this Winter!!I'm cooking dinner!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM

~ G'day, mate! Thanx for your nice introduction of your hometown....

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Just been trying to work out where you are ...now I know. I should have remembered Nelson Bay but now I see you have my problem ...no location in VT to suit. Marg

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2009 at 6:26 AM

A local with good food, sea view and dophins! Who could want for more?

• zanzooni's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2009 at 7:46 PM

How I got elected to cook on my vacation is beyond me!! I better get pretty hammered, so you better gets to sewing! That little one is Zilly, who is now an insufferable 8 years old, going on 35, running the 3 ring circus. ~

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Wow, what a beautiful place. I really need to make it to Australia one of these days.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2009 at 2:17 AM

Eat and watch the dolphins. Sounds good to me!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Looks great - had relatives there at Port Stephens-such a shame 11 yrs I lived in Sydney I never went to visit!Pre VT tho!so one day....

betska Lives Here!

betska

“itchy feet”

Badges & Stats in Nelson Bay

Have you been to Nelson Bay?

Latest Activity in Nelson Bay