"Tay Ninh" Top 5 Page for this destination Tay Ninh by betska
Tay Ninh Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 160 photos
Tay Ninh is approx. 100klm northwest of HCMC. We came here on a full day tour which also included a stop at the Cu Chi Tunnels.
The Caodai Great Temple was built between 1933 and 1955. It is the prettiest religious building that I have ever seen.
Caodaism is an interesting and colourful sect founded in the early 1920's, and based on messages revealed in seances to Ngo Minh Chieu, the group's founder. There are over 2 million followers of Caodaism in Vietnam. Victor Hugo is one westerner that is especially revered by the Caodai. I must do some more research on this as it seems like a fascinating subject.
The attention to detail inside is amazing
betska's Related Pages
Tay Ninh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TAY NINH - KINGDOM OF HEAVEN"
- "Home of the Cao Dai Holy See"
- "Tay Ninh"
- "TAY NINH VIETNAM"
- "TAY NINH"
- "Cao Dai"
- "Tay Ninh"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tay Ninh
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Tay Ninh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tay Ninh
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Airlie Beach Intro, 11 reviews, 127 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hoi An Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Hue Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nha Trang Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ha Long Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Long Island Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Da Lat Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos