"Welcome to my world" betska's Profile

The crusty's - princess parrots Max & Arnie

These guys are also known as Alexandrae Parrots. They are not native to the Port Stephens area, but come from the Western Australian and Northern Territory desert areas.
They make fantastic pets as they are friendly and very gentle.
We only had Max for a few years, and then bought a baby named Ozzie as a companion for her. Unfortunatly Ozzie died and not long after that, we noticed Arnie strolling around the backyard - we think that it really was meant to be that he picked our yard!
They really are more human than birds though - they like nothing better than some cheese & biscuits or even a slurp of warm coffee.
They are also rather partial to pasta or a chew on a chop bone.

• Intro Updated Jul 22, 2011

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2015 at 8:03 AM

Hi Bets, Ive just managed to open facebook to my home page but i still cant open anything - ive seen your post but i cant even open the comments link to reply as FB is banned here in China and getting more difficult for VPN companies to get on top of that lately - thankfully VT is still a site that rarely has issues here (unless my vpn is on and then VT itself baulks most of the time at wherever the vpn tunnel has sent me via and then VT blocks me from having access here lol!)
    anyway ive been going a bit slow and not sticking to plans lately so im still in Beijing, still wanting to have a week around the canal towns around Shanghai and out into Wuyuan - then wil look at flying to Siem Reap - but are you planning to be there soon? if so i could make the effort to pull my socks and get there to fit your dates possibly?

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
      Apr 10, 2015 at 10:06 AM

hi it would be great we finally caught up! and particularly if it was in Cambodia! but I unfortunately would be pushing the boundaries too far if i wasnt back in London til that late in May :( ...i need to have done some work hours for registration renewal mid June and it will take 2weeks to get a new police check beforehand

• betska's Profile Photo
      Apr 10, 2015 at 5:50 PM

....never mind!!! one day for sure :)

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2015 at 4:10 AM

betska, Happy Birthday. PJ

• al2401's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2015 at 3:00 AM

"I'm so sorry I missed your Birthday! I was travelling in no-internet-land Antarctica! Hope you had a great day"

• jayjayc's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Late. Happy birthday! Cheers!

• Parisforless's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Happy birthday, wishing you to explore the world!!!

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I hope you had a great Birthday.

• SOLODANCER's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2014 at 7:13 AM

Great birthday to you B! Hope all's well with you. Lots of wonderful wishes to you from NYC.

• SOLODANCER's Profile Photo
      Dec 2, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Just know B that I'm here anytime as a good friend. The lines of communication are without closing time here!

• betska's Profile Photo
      Dec 2, 2014 at 7:47 AM

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Happy Birthday mate when ever it is lol !

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Happy birthday Betska and have a great day!

• Treshi's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2014 at 7:54 PM

Many happy returns of the day, have a blessed b'day!!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!