Fort Worth Things to Do Tips by lonestar_philomath
Fort Worth Things to Do: 386 reviews and 711 photos
Birth of Love by Michael Pavlovsky, 2001
The botanical garden is a local escape from the city of Fort Worth. The garden is open year round and can be crowded on summer weekends. You can hear alot of cardinals in the trees and there is a bat box in the rose gardens. Entrance to the park is still free. At night, garden socienties and clubs hold their meetings in the main conservatory.
Address: 3220 Botanic Gardens Boulevard
Directions: Take I-30 and exit off of University Drive north, the garden is right on the right hand side.
Going on 27 or 28 January 2007. Will post exerience here with pictures!
Address: Will Rogers Colliseum and Auditorium complex
Directions: West of downtown in the cultural district.
The celestial hierarchy annunciate the grandness of the philharmonic euphony within the palisade of white batholite.
Address: 4th and Calhoun Streets
Directions: From I-30 traveling East: Take Forest Park Boulevard exit. Go left on Forest Park until it merges into Weatherford Street downtown.
Park between Kimbal and Amon Carter Museums
The Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth was designed by the American architect Louis I. Kahn (1901-1974). Since its opening in 1972, the museum has become world known for its permanent collection of about 350 pieces of . Several times a year the Kimbell hosts visiting exhibits. The permanent collection is still free. Special visiting exhibits costs vary.
If you are a member of the Kimbell, you get two free passes to special exhibits as often as you like.
There is so much to see and do around the Kimbal for everyone:
- Located across the street from the Kimbal is the Will Rogers Coliseum and Museum of Science.
- Exiting the front (lower level) of the Kimbal, you face the Fort Worth Modern Art Museum.
- Exiting the back (upper Level) and a short walk across a small park is the Amon Carter Museum.
Address: 3333 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Directions: Camp Bowie runs at a diagonal immediately south of the intersection of 7th Street & University Drive.
Street Scene walking from the Kimbell
The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth was designed by the Japanese architect Tadao Ando and opened in Dec. 14, 2002. There is a fee for entry into event the permanent collection.
Address: 3200 Darnell Street
Directions: In the Museum District
OK for kids and just across the street from the Museum of Science and the Will Rogers Coliseum.
More Reviews (24)
- Ice Storms
- See All Open Air Art
- See All The Old Post Post Office
- See All Nice building
- See All Paid Parking all the time
lonestar_philomath's Related Pages
Fort Worth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Fort Worth"
- "FORT WORTH"
- "Ft. Worth--Historic Stockyards, Art & Sundance Sq."
- "Sweetberry's Ft. Worth Page"
- "The Real Texas"
- "Texas Cow Town"
- "Dallas-Fort Worth"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Worth
- Hotels in Fort Worth
- Transportation in Fort Worth
- Nightlife in Fort Worth
- Restaurants in Fort Worth
- Shopping in Fort Worth
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Worth
- See All...
Explore the World
- Istanbul Hotels
- Antipolo Hotels
- Rio Piedras Hotels
- Fort Myers Beach
- Namotu Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Fort Worth
- 30 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Fort Worth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Worth
Top 10 Pages
- Erfurt Intro, 34 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 23 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fort Worth Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Weimar Intro, 26 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ebrach Intro, 12 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bamberg Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Massachusetts Intro, 6 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (10)
Latest Fort Worth hotel reviews
- Renaissance Worthington Hotel Fort Worth
- 345 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Worth River Plaza
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Radisson Hotel Fort Worth South
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- American Airlines Training and Conference Center
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 3, 2013
- Ambassador Hotel And Suites
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2013
- Stockyards Hotel
- 126 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Scottish Inn & Suites Fort Worth
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 4, 2013
- Country Inn & Suites Fort Worth
- 79 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Embassy Suites Fort Worth Downtown
- 469 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Lockheart Gables Bed & Breakfast
- 161 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Candlewood Suites DFW South
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- Courtyard by Marriott Fort Worth University Drive
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth SW
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- Quality Inn & Suites West
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2013
- Stockyards Historic District- 45 Reviews, 83 Photos
- Botanic Garden- 35 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Bass Performance Hall- 7 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Stockyard Station- 9 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Fort Worth Zoo- 15 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Sundance Square- 7 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Fort Worth Water Gardens- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Billy Bob's Texas- 8 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Will Rogers Memorial Center- 7 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Kimbell Art Museum- 12 Reviews, 25 Photos
See All Fort Worth Things to Do