"Medieval Salt Center" Top 5 Page for this destination Lüneburg by lonestar_philomath
Lüneburg Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 207 photos
This is one of the cities where I have relatives living. Luneburg has a long history being on the northern crossroads of Europe for centuries. In the middle ages it was known for its sale hugel (hill) that staill exists today! These pictures are from the early 1990's but the buildings still exist. If you are traveling to Hamburg or Hanover, Luneburg is just one hour by train and well worth the visit.
The piece of wood at the top of the roof and the door underneath is how the inhabitants of this house transferred things from the street level to the top floors of the building.
This is St. Nikolai or Nikolaikirche, a protestant church. It was one of the three smallest Gothic architecture churches... more travel advice
Part of the old wall that surrounded medieval Luneburg, this watch tower still exits. more travel advice
lonestar_philomath's Related Pages
Lüneburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Luigis kleiner Preis von Lüneburg"
- "Medieval Salt Center"
- "Luneburg Germany"
- "A medieval city in the south of Hamburg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lüneburg
- Hotels in Lüneburg
- Transportation in Lüneburg
- Nightlife in Lüneburg
- Restaurants in Lüneburg
- Shopping in Lüneburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lüneburg
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Lüneburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lüneburg
Top 10 Pages
- Erfurt Intro, 34 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 23 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fort Worth Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Weimar Intro, 26 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ebrach Intro, 12 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bamberg Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Massachusetts Intro, 6 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue