"Beautiful Beaches but dangerous parking" Toa Baja by lonestar_philomath
Toa Baja Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
The two hours I spent at this beach to the east of San Juan was great. I soaked in the tide pool, body surfed, and sunned on the beach. By the time I got back to the rental car, all the windows where broken in and the radio and contents in the trunk!
Even though the policeman who stopped was polite, he refused to speak English to me but he could tell what had happened. He gave me his card and wrote a report. When I returned to the car rental company, it was fortunate that the extra insurance was taken BUT beware, this insurance does not cover personal effects that were stolen.
I would not recommend anyone go to the beaches outside of San Juan alone! Go with a Puerto Rican and ride with them!
To get to this beach, Head east out of San Juan on Highway 22.
Get off the highway at exit 13, route 167.
When you reach the coastline, turn east (left) and travel until you see the beach.
Best to meet your local contact at home, and take their car. Seems as if locals' automobiles are not touched by thieves.
- In a nutshell:Beautiful beach - Park at your own risk
lonestar_philomath's Related Pages
Toa Baja Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toa Baja
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Toa Baja?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toa Baja
Top 10 Pages
- Erfurt Intro, 34 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 23 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fort Worth Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Weimar Intro, 26 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ebrach Intro, 12 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bamberg Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Massachusetts Intro, 6 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue