"One of the Plus Beaux Villages de France" Top 5 Page for this destination Gordes by lonestar_philomath
Gordes Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 114 photos
The city of Gordes lies in the southern part of France in the department of Provence. Gordes sits at the edge of the Plateau de Vaucluse cliffs, over looking
a southern panorama out across fields and forests and small perched villages to the Montagne du Luberon.
The stone buildings hug tightly against the base of the cliffs and those perched on the rocks below. The buildings are made of an beige stone that glows orange in the morning sun.
Just beside Gordes is the Village de Bories. The Village de Bories an ancient hamlet of all dry-stone buildings: an... more travel advice
I was fortunate to obtain a room by just walking into the Bastide de Gordes hotel. It is very sought after by Europeans.... more travel advice
lonestar_philomath's Related Pages
Gordes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gordes, 84220."
- "One of the Plus Beaux Villages de France"
- "In the heart of the Provence!"
- "Gordes, a Plus Beau Village of France"
- "Les Routes de la Lavande"
- "Gordes - tiny town on a crag"
- "What a beautiful village!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gordes
- Hotels in Gordes
- Transportation in Gordes
- Restaurants in Gordes
- Warnings and Dangers in Gordes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gordes
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Gordes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gordes
Top 10 Pages
- Erfurt Intro, 34 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 23 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Fort Worth Intro, 30 reviews, 97 photos, 4 travelogues
- Weimar Intro, 26 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ebrach Intro, 12 reviews, 69 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bamberg Intro, 14 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Massachusetts Intro, 6 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Alexandria Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos, 1 travelogue