"Isla Margarita for Business & Pleasure" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Margarita by kmbeckman
Isla Margarita Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 198 photos
Took about 15 hours to get here (all inclusive of trains, planes, automobiles, layovers, etc.) The rum down there is fantastic! So much better than what we usually drink in the states. Also had some nice Chilean cabernets and port. Had dinner at a restaurant called Guayoyo which is said to be the best seafood restaurant on the island with a view of the Caribbean. The food was excellent and the Sangria was out of this world! For dinner, we had seafood ceviche, local fish (grouper) with mango chutney and whole baby potatoes soaked in garlic and baked with salt. Awesome! The food at the resort has been good too. Overall, the landscape reminds me a lot of Mexico or Southern Spain.
Hung out by the pool a lot. Did some shopping at a nearby mall. Clothing is very expensive. Twice what we pay in the states for poorer quality. I traveled with men, but had I traveled alone or just with women, I would have been concerned for my safety. For this reason, I stayed close to the resort.
Authentic; non-commercial. Great food, sangria, ambience, and fabulous setting/view of the ocean. Said to be the best... more travel advice
It will cost you about $25 USD for a taxi one way from the airport to the Hilton Resort. more travel advice
kmbeckman's Related Pages
Isla Margarita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Isla de Margarita, "Pearl of the Caribbean""
- "ISLA DE MARGARITA"
- "THE PEARL OF THE CARIBBEAN"
- "Isla Margarita for Business & Pleasure"
- "Our Dream Wedding in Playa Caribe"
- "Isla de Margharita"
- "CHALET TURISTICO ISLA MARGARITA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Margarita
- Hotels in Isla Margarita
- Transportation in Isla Margarita
- Nightlife in Isla Margarita
- Restaurants in Isla Margarita
- Shopping in Isla Margarita
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla Margarita
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Isla Margarita
- 6 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Isla Margarita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Margarita
Top 10 Pages
- Brugge Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Margarita Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Baveno Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Cancún Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Ensenada Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 photos
- Brussels Intro, 3 photos
- Bologna Intro, 3 photos
- Banff Intro, 3 photos
- Saint Helena Intro, 3 photos
Latest Isla Margarita hotel reviews
- Flamboyant Hotel Isla de Margarita
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 31, 2013
- Isla Caribe Beach Hotel
- 150 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 23, 2013
- Pueblo Caribe Hotel
- 161 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 28, 2013
- Hesperia Isla Margarita Hotel
- 119 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Tropical Refuge
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013