"Isla Margarita for Business & Pleasure" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Margarita by kmbeckman

Isla Margarita Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 198 photos

Journal Entry #1

Took about 15 hours to get here (all inclusive of trains, planes, automobiles, layovers, etc.) The rum down there is fantastic! So much better than what we usually drink in the states. Also had some nice Chilean cabernets and port. Had dinner at a restaurant called Guayoyo which is said to be the best seafood restaurant on the island with a view of the Caribbean. The food was excellent and the Sangria was out of this world! For dinner, we had seafood ceviche, local fish (grouper) with mango chutney and whole baby potatoes soaked in garlic and baked with salt. Awesome! The food at the resort has been good too. Overall, the landscape reminds me a lot of Mexico or Southern Spain.

Journal Entry #2

Hung out by the pool a lot. Did some shopping at a nearby mall. Clothing is very expensive. Twice what we pay in the states for poorer quality. I traveled with men, but had I traveled alone or just with women, I would have been concerned for my safety. For this reason, I stayed close to the resort.

• Last visit to Isla Margarita: Feb 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 20, 2007

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2007 at 12:34 AM

Kathy, Good tips about a beautiful but questionable place. Venezuela's government rule is corrupt and not exactly friendly to Americans. Nice photos and commentary, tho. Doug

• Hermanater's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2007 at 7:35 AM

Happy Birthday...great tips... I hope you have more photos to post. It sure looks like a beautiful place.

kmbeckman

“Reservations? What's that?”

Badges & Stats in Isla Margarita

Have you been to Isla Margarita?

Latest Activity in Isla Margarita