"Ancient place" Abydos by misr
Abydos Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 27 photos
Abydos was one of the most important religious region in ancient Egypt. The Osiris cult was strong here.
Then there is Umm el Qaab, where the tombs of pharaos from the first dynasties can be found.
From Abydos you can also find the pyramid of Ahmose, temple of Ramses II, cenotaph of Ahmose and Tetisheri, and much more.
I donīt know, to how many of those places you can visit, we were to the temple of Seti I. And wouldīt had time to go elsewhere, because the convoy comes and goes at certain times.
The temple of Seti I is very well preserved. There is beautiful colours left and some special features. Inside the temple, there is seven chapels, hall of ancestors with the king list and outside (behind) the temple the Osireion. A huge cenotaph. Unfortunately it floods, so we could only see it from the outside.
misr's Related Pages
Abydos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Relief Glyphs"
- "Ancient place"
- "Pictures of ......"
- "A Spiritual Tour to Abydos with Caroline Dekker"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Abydos
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Abydos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Abydos
Photos in AbydosSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Luxor Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos
- Alexandria Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Cairo Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Aswan Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Estonia Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Hurghada Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Al Karnak Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Abydos Intro, 1 review, 6 photos