"Nara, older city of Kyoto" Nara by bebejepang
Nara Travel Guide: 221 reviews and 909 photos
Who said Nara is small city? Yes that the main sightseeing places can be reach by walk, but some places at west of Nara reach by bus is better.
But I think 1 day is totally enough to explore Nara. If you walk fast, and not take so many pictures, half day is OK (Nara is really small city???)
You can see from the shrines and temples that Nara is older than Kyoto. But who knows?
There is tourist information center at Nara station. The lady there is really kind, and she can speak english. She really help you. You can ask map and direction.
1. Todaiji, place of big Budha statue
2. Kasuga Taisha
3. Nara Park
4. Kofukuji Temple
5. Horyuji Temple
6. Yakushiji Temple
Kasuga Taisha is famous for its many lanterns which were donated by worshippers. more travel advice
The park that closed to Kofukuji and Nara National Museum. Deers here are much better than deers at Miyajima... they are... more travel advice
bebejepang's Related Pages
Nara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Japan's ancient capitals"
- "Rich Culture in the Countryside"
- "Nara - A historical City."
- "Deer Nara"
- "Nara - Ancient Japanese City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nara
- Hotels in Nara
- Transportation in Nara
- Restaurants in Nara
- Shopping in Nara
- Warnings and Dangers in Nara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nara
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Nara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nara
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Okayama-ken Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos
- Kurashiki Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Xiamen Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Chiang Mai 6 reviews, 12 photos
- Nikko Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Osaka 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Nara Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Nara hotel reviews