"Imbassaí" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado da Bahia by mircaskirca
Estado da Bahia Travel Guide: 1,052 reviews and 2,599 photos
Imbassai is a quiet pretty village with a population of around 1.000 people, located in Linha Verde's (Green Line) - Area of Environmental Protection, 65 km north of Salvador. Sand dunes and the Imbassaí river, which runs parallel to the beach, separate the village from the beach. Imbassaí means 'path of the river' in the language of the Tupi Indians. It is in Imbassaí that the river finds its way to the ocean.
On the sandbar, where the river meets the ocean, you find a couple of small palm-roofed beach bars selling cold drinks and fried fish, and choose between a bath in either the ocean or the river. In addition to endless of tropical beaches of Imbassaí and the natural beauty of the region, there are plenty of possibilities for sport activities, such as surfing, diving, kayaking, horse riding and fishing.
If you are looking for a peaceful holiday destination in a beautiful natural setting, you'll find a paradise here :)
If you are going to travel on the northeast coast of Brazil there is a big possibility that you'll come across common... more travel advice
Imbassaí is sliced in two by Imbassaí river, a warm jungle-fringed river that curls down to the ocean. On the sandbank,... more travel advice
mircaskirca's Related Pages
Estado da Bahia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Praia do Forte"
- "PRAIA DO FORTE"
- "Bahia que tem dende!"
- "Bemvindo da Brasil! 1999-2000"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado da Bahia
- Hotels in Estado da Bahia
- Transportation in Estado da Bahia
- Nightlife in Estado da Bahia
- Restaurants in Estado da Bahia
- Shopping in Estado da Bahia
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado da Bahia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado da Bahia
- 52 Reviews
- 280 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Estado da Bahia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado da Bahia
Photos in Estado da BahiaSee All Photos (280)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hvar Intro, 52 reviews, 321 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 282 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 44 reviews, 258 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sicilia Intro, 40 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá Intro, 46 reviews, 246 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cali Intro, 37 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 41 reviews, 217 photos, 10 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 40 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Providencia Intro, 26 reviews, 194 photos, 10 travelogues
- São Luís Intro, 25 reviews, 187 photos, 10 travelogues