"Santa Fe de Antioquia" Santa Fe by mircaskirca
Santa Fe Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 125 photos
Santa Fe de Antioquia is the oldest town in the region, founded in 1541 by Jorge Robledo. It was the capital of Antioquia from 1813 until 1826 when the government moved to Medellín. A visit to this sleepy colonial town is a step back in time through quaint cobblestone streets. Many houses and churches are over 250 years old, making it the most well preserved colonial town in Antioquia. In 1960 Santa Fe de Antioquia was declared a national monument.
The town's historic centre looks very much the same as it looked in colonial times. Its narrow streets are lined with white-washed and pastel-coloured houses, and many have gorgeous courtyards decorated with plants and flowers. Strolling the old streets you come across some lovely plazas and there is impressive Iglesia de Santa Bárbara.
Santa Fe de Antioquia makes a great day trip for visitors of Medellín and it it's a popular weekend destination for Paisas. The completion of the tunnel in 2006 has cut travelling time to less than 1,5 hours.
Once the capital of the state of Antioquia, Santa Fe is well-preserved colonial town. The biggest attraction is the town... more travel advice
Museo Juan del Corral is a beautiful colonial mansion from the 18th century converted into museum. It was open in 1970... more travel advice
mircaskirca's Related Pages
Santa Fe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santa Fe de Antioquia"
- "Santa Fe de Antioquia"
- "Santa Fe De Antioquia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Fe
- 13 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Santa Fe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Fe
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hvar Intro, 52 reviews, 321 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 282 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 44 reviews, 258 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sicilia Intro, 40 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá Intro, 46 reviews, 246 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cali Intro, 37 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 41 reviews, 217 photos, 10 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 40 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Providencia Intro, 26 reviews, 194 photos, 10 travelogues
- São Luís Intro, 25 reviews, 187 photos, 10 travelogues