"Bogotá" Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá by mircaskirca
Bogotá Travel Guide: 659 reviews and 1,547 photos
Colombia's cosmopolitan capital city Bogotá, with a population about 8 million people, is located at an altitude of about 2640 m in the Andean Highlights. This gives it constant spring like weather. You'll need a jacket in the evening and umbrella might be useful as well. Bogotá is not only a getaway for travel throughout the country but also an interesting city to explore.
It has an attractive old quarter, La Candelaria, with some beautiful old colonial buildings and palaces, Bohemian cafés, art galleries and theatres. But on the other hand, it also has some excellent examples of modern, futuristic architecture. The city is known for its collection of pre-Columbian gold art, splendid colonial churches, great museums (with amazing Museo del Oro, one of South America's best museums) and bookshops.
Bogotá offers visitors everything that a modern city can give, including a vibrant and diverse cultural and intellectual life. El Centro is filled with shops, business offices, cafés and there is the financial district. Most of the best hotels, restaurants, cafés, boutiques and nightclubs are located in Zona Norte. The main problem with Bogotá is the traffic which is absolutely awful. You can expect to spend quite a lot of time sitting in a bus or taxi.
Day trips from Bogotá include a trip to Zipaquirá, where you will find the impressive underground cathedral built out of a salt mine. Another interesting place to visit is Monserrate, which offers a fantastic views over the city.
Bogotá has some of Colombia's best nightlife. Zona Rosa boats the city's most expensive restaurants and nightclubs but... more travel advice
The bus terminal of Bogotá (www.terminaldetransporte.gov.co/) is located 5km west of the city centre. It is divided into... more travel advice
- See All Beautiful Pieces of Arts and Crafts
- See All Cerro de Monserrate
- See All Roof Statues by Local Artist Jorge Olave
mircaskirca's Related Pages
Bogotá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bogota Revealed"
- "The Heart of Colombia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bogotá
- Hotels in Bogotá
- Transportation in Bogotá
- Nightlife in Bogotá
- Restaurants in Bogotá
- Shopping in Bogotá
- Warnings and Dangers in Bogotá
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bogotá
- 46 Reviews
- 246 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Bogotá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bogotá
Photos in BogotáSee All Photos (246)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hvar Intro, 52 reviews, 321 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 282 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 44 reviews, 258 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sicilia Intro, 40 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá Intro, 46 reviews, 246 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cali Intro, 37 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 41 reviews, 217 photos, 10 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 40 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Providencia Intro, 26 reviews, 194 photos, 10 travelogues
- São Luís Intro, 25 reviews, 187 photos, 10 travelogues