Cali Hotel Tips by mircaskirca Top 5 Page for this destination
Cali Hotels: 1,077 reviews and 37 photos
Vinz and Claudia in front of Tostaky
Tostaky is a new guesthouse run by a friendly French and Colombian couple. The place is safe and clean and has a nice atmosphere. It is located in the old, bohemian neighbourhood of San Antonio, a lovely area with arty cafés, shops and restaurants, close to San Antonio church. The place is in walking distance to downtown.
Tostaky has five rooms with shared bathroom. Hot water is available 24 hours. Double rooms were 35.000 COP, and for a single room I payed 25.000 COP (December 2008). There is fully equipped kitchen for guests and laundry service is available. In the same floor is also a TV room and a place with a hammock to relax. A lovely café with great music is attached to the guesthouse where guests are treated with a cup of good Colombian coffee on arrival. They also offer breakfast, crêpes, pizzas and some other dishes. Usually they put one or two tables outside, where people can meet and have a drink.
I stayed there again during the Feria de Cali in December 2009. Then I had a spacious double room for single occupancy which was 35.000 COP. My room was next to the apartment where Vinz and Claudia live and I felt like part of the family. It was so nice to be among my dear friends again! :)
Unique Qualities: The owners Vinz and Claudia are excellent hosts and some of the friendliest people. They are always helpful with the information and they make free phone calls for you for anything you need. I was staying there for the Feria de Cali and also spent Christmas. On Christmas Eve some friends of Vinz and Claudia came to visit, and all guests were invited to join them with a few glasses of French wine. I met some really nice people and made wonderful new friends :)
Address: Carrera 10 No. 1-76
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: San Antonio; one block from Iglesia de San Antonio
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +57 2 893 0651
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (36)
- See All Encuentro de Bailarines y Bailadores
- See All Salsa, Rumba and Son
- See All MIO - Bus Rapid Transit System of Cali
- San Cipriano - Hidden Deep in Tropical...
mircaskirca's Related Pages
Cali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colorful Cali: Who's Watching Who?"
- "Cali -- Why are people so afraid?"
- "A short visit to Cali"
- "The Queen City of Colombia"
- "My Cali trip."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cali
- Hotels in Cali
- Transportation in Cali
- Nightlife in Cali
- Restaurants in Cali
- Shopping in Cali
- Warnings and Dangers in Cali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cali
- 37 Reviews
- 222 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Cali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cali
Photos in CaliSee All Photos (222)
Read real reviews about Cali Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hvar Intro, 52 reviews, 321 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 282 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 44 reviews, 258 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sicilia Intro, 40 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá Intro, 46 reviews, 246 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cali Intro, 37 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 41 reviews, 217 photos, 10 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 40 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Providencia Intro, 26 reviews, 194 photos, 10 travelogues
- São Luís Intro, 25 reviews, 187 photos, 10 travelogues