Isla de San Andrés Hotel Tips by mircaskirca Top 5 Page for this destination
Isla de San Andrés Hotels: 10 reviews and 25 photos
Visitors interested in interacting with the locals should check out the island's excellent home-stay programme, Las Posadas Nativas. I wanted to be away from the town of San Andrés and thought a quiet San Luis would be much better choice. There were two such places to stay and I chose Monica's Place owned by Caselita Forbes. The other place asked to pay half of the price as a deposit and I did not want to do that.
I had a medium sized room (bathroom was separately) and I could use the terrace. I did not get the key of the house so each time when I get there I had to knock at the door (sometimes it took quite some time until she heard me) and then go through Caselita's living room. I had not much privacy if I wanted it. The price of the room with a breakfast was COP 45.000 and with another meal (lunch or dinner) COP 50.000.
This time my accommodation wasn't a very good choice :( I had a strange feeling about the owner. I could not say that she behaved unkind towards me. But during my stay she did several basic mistakes which I think she should not do to any of her guests. In fact, it all started already at the beginning. I arrived in the middle of the night and she was supposed to wait for me at the airport with her taxi driver friend but she did not come. She explained she was expecting me one day later.
And there was always something 'wrong'. One day I came from the beach and she wasn't at home. I had to wait outside more than one hour until she was back and open the door. Another day there was no water as she did not provide it early enough. On the 31st of December, when I returned from my long day of snorkeling, she did not make any dinner for me. Did she think that lunch I had during the day in the restaurant on the beach was enough for the whole day? I had to forget abut any New Year's dinner :( And I asked her a couple of days in advance if on the day before I left San Andrés she could make rondón (a typical dish of the archipelago that I liked so much) for my last dinner. She then said she could not provide the ingredients which was a very bad excuse.
If some day I return to San Andrés I'm definitely not going to stay here again.
Address: San Luis
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: 5 minutes walk from San Luis area; nearby the Cocoplum hotel
Other Contact: %s4%cb+ 57 317 286 4626%s*%c*
Phone: + 57 8 513 2209
More Reviews (20)
- See All People and Languages of San Andrés
- Snorkeling and Diving
- See All Balneario, Terraza y Acuario
mircaskirca's Related Pages
Isla de San Andrés Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Isla de San Andrés"
- "THE SEVEN COLOURS OF THE SEA"
- "What Happens in San Andres, Stays in San Andres!!"
- "Island with no Overflights"
- "Isla de San Andres, Caribbean Colombia"
- "Take me back to San Andres"
- "San Andres"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla de San Andrés
- Hotels in Isla de San Andrés
- Transportation in Isla de San Andrés
- Nightlife in Isla de San Andrés
- Restaurants in Isla de San Andrés
- Shopping in Isla de San Andrés
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla de San Andrés
- See All...
Explore the World
- Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista
- Rio All Suite Hotel And Casino
- GR Solaris Cancun
- Reef Club Playacar - All-Inclusive
- The County Hotel
- Awana Kijal Resort Terengganu
- Excellence Punta Cana
- La Mamounia Hotel
- Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences
- Atlantis The Palm
- Druids Glen Marriott Hotel & Country Club
- Courtyard by Marriott Seoul Times Square
Badges & Stats in Isla de San Andrés
- 21 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Isla de San Andrés?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla de San Andrés
- Posted in Travel Panamá City Forum "Re: Hostel recommendation?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Johnny Cay"
- updated a Isla de San Andrés Travelogue "The Sea of Seven Colours - From the Air"
- Wrote a Review People and Languages of San Andrés in Isla de San Andrés Local Customs
- Commented on one of call_me_rhia's Isla de San Andrés travel pages
Photos in Isla de San AndrésSee All Photos (107)
Read real reviews about Isla de San Andrés Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hvar Intro, 52 reviews, 321 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 282 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 44 reviews, 258 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sicilia Intro, 40 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá Intro, 46 reviews, 246 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cali Intro, 37 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 41 reviews, 217 photos, 10 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 40 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Providencia Intro, 26 reviews, 194 photos, 10 travelogues
- São Luís Intro, 25 reviews, 187 photos, 10 travelogues