"Zipaquirá" Top 5 Page for this destination Zipaquirá by mircaskirca
Zipaquirá Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 173 photos
Zipaquirá is an attractive mountain town with more than 70.000 people, located 49 km north of Bogotá. Its main square, Plaza de los Comuneros, is surrounded by beautiful old Spanish colonial style buildings with their typical balconies, Palacio Municipal, Catedral Diocesana and Casa de Gobierno. The town has great bakeries. But Zipaquirá is mostly know for its enormous underground Salt Cathedral, a church built out of a salt mine, which is certainly one of the must-see sights around Bogotá.
After my arrival to Zipaquirá I wanted to visit the Salt Cathedral first. I followed the main street and soon came... more travel advice
Plaza de los Comuneros is the main square and the center of Zipaquirá, surrounded by beautiful buildings that have... more travel advice
mircaskirca's Related Pages
Zipaquirá Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Decided Colombian Experience: Zipaquira"
- "Zipaquira - The Salt Cathedral"
- "Zipaquirá - home of the gorgeous Salt Cathedral"
- "Beautiful Colonial Town With the Salt Cathedral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zipaquirá
- Hotels in Zipaquirá
- Transportation in Zipaquirá
- Restaurants in Zipaquirá
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zipaquirá
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Zipaquirá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zipaquirá
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hvar Intro, 52 reviews, 321 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 282 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 44 reviews, 258 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sicilia Intro, 40 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá Intro, 46 reviews, 246 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cali Intro, 37 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 41 reviews, 217 photos, 10 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 40 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Providencia Intro, 26 reviews, 194 photos, 10 travelogues
- São Luís Intro, 25 reviews, 187 photos, 10 travelogues