"Mi Buenos Aires Querido" Buenos Aires by mircaskirca
Buenos Aires Travel Guide: 4,766 reviews and 8,858 photos
Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina and the third largest city in South America, is famous for Eva Peron, tango and football. Strongly influenced by European culture, it's sometimes referred to as the 'Paris of South America'. It has wide boulevards and many impressive buildings with the main point of orientation the Avenida 9 de Julio, the world's widest avenue.
The culture and cuisine of descendants from the first Spanish founders and Italian immigrants from the 19th century still flavours the city and can be enjoyed in countless art galleries, theatres and museums, as well as fine restaurants. But Buenos Aires also has its own art form, the tango, for which it's famous. After sightseeing and shopping, there are peaceful parks to relax in and bars and cafes for sampling the Argentinean wine and excellent local cuisine. The city's nightlife is one of the most active in the world.
It is fitting that the signature dance of Buenos Aires is the tango, a series of dramatic swings, erotic dips and prolonged eye contact. Tango is a dance of unadulterated desire, translated into motion and set to music. To locals it is more than a dance; it is a reflection of how they live.
Tango singer Carlos Gardel said it best in his immortal tango classic Mi Buenos Aires Querido ('My Beloved Buenos Aires'):
Mi Buenos Aires querido,
cuando yo te vuelva a ver
no habra mas penas ni olvido.
Hoy que la suerte quiere que te vuelva a ver,
ciudad porteña de mi unico querer,
y oigo la queja de un bandoneon
dentro del pecho pide rienda el corazon.
My beloved Buenos Aires,
the day I see you again
there will be no more sorrow for me.
Today, faith has brought me back to you,
my beloved city,
and the music of an accordion
makes my heart restless again.
Only a short boat ride across Rio de la Plata is Uruguayan oldest town Colonia del Sacramento, or simply Colonia,... more travel advice
GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes, Brazil's low-cost airline, began operating direct flights between Southern Brazil and... more travel advice
mircaskirca's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 40 Reviews
- 184 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
- Posted in Travel Panamá City Forum "Re: Hostel recommendation?"
- updated a Buenos Aires Travel Page "Mi Buenos Aires Querido"
- Commented on one of gkitzmil's Buenos Aires travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mi Buenos Aires Querido"
- Wrote a Review Into Uruguay - Colonia del Sacramento in Buenos Aires Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hvar Intro, 52 reviews, 321 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 282 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 44 reviews, 258 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sicilia Intro, 40 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá Intro, 46 reviews, 246 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cali Intro, 37 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 41 reviews, 217 photos, 10 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 40 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Providencia Intro, 26 reviews, 194 photos, 10 travelogues
- São Luís Intro, 25 reviews, 187 photos, 10 travelogues
Latest Buenos Aires hotel reviews
- Park Elegance Kempinski Hotel
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 9, 2013
- Hotel Sheltown
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2012
- Marriott Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires
- 510 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Four Seasons Buenos Aires
- 364 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Wilton Hotel Buenos Aires
- 122 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- The Cocker
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 11, 2013
- Alvear Palace
- 275 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Sheraton Libertador Hotel
- 297 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Kempinski Park Central Hotel Buenos Aires
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- Hotel Globales Republica Wellness & Spa
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires
- 246 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- 261 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Kempinski Chateau Park Plaza Hotel
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Microtel Inn & Suites Buenos Aires
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Tulip Inn Principado Hotel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 28, 2012