"Itacare" Top 5 Page for this destination Itacaré by mircaskirca

Itacaré Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 74 photos

Itacare is a quiet colonial fishing town where ecotourism and surfing play the main role. It is situated at the mouth of the Rio de Contas, in the heart of protected area in the south of Bahia. The region is known as Cocoa Coast due to its plantations of cocoa trees. Besides more than 20 beaches, Itacare has rivers, watefralls and a great Atlantic Rainforest Reserve.

• Last visit to Itacaré: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 1, 2007

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2012 at 9:56 PM

To eat acaraje at the square at nice sounds to be great! Lovely beaches!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2009 at 6:36 PM

You could almost feel the humidity in that intro pic and it feels so good....I love humidity! I miss coconut trees - we don't have any in Arizona, and we have a lot in Philippines...Norman :)

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Interesting sounding place with lovely beaches. I was wondering: what is 'acarajes'? Have never heard this before.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2008 at 2:45 PM

The Cocoa Coast -- what a great name! I believe my daughter has been to the Atlantic Rainforest Reserve and even worked there for a while. I'll have to ask her.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2007 at 3:21 PM

What an idyllic looking spot this would be to escape to for a while!! Beautiful photos and I can well imagine that acaraje, imported by West African slaves, would be delicious!

• pikuu's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2007 at 1:22 AM

Acaraje: what's this? Sounds yummy?? :)) Superb page with excellent photos!

• ludogatto's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2007 at 8:27 AM

Bahia state was my first approce to Brazil, all my brazilian friends are there and I spent so many good night listening and dancing good brasilian music....Massarandupiò is another nice place with a naturis beach!

• 88Starflite's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Mira, looks nice a great place but is it built up like a resort or is it a remote village? I like to go off the beaten path but not too extremes. Thanks

• RafaelTheSecond's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2006 at 3:13 PM

I am very honored to be the first to write here, and I am sure you can do alot more in all Bahia pages that you can write!!! There are something very brazilian in you!!!

Badges & Stats in Itacaré

Have you been to Itacaré?

Latest Activity in Itacaré