"Jericoacoara" Top 5 Page for this destination Jericoacoara by mircaskirca
Jericoacoara Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 469 photos
Jericoacoara is a remote hangout surrounded by huge dunes of fine white sand, located on the northeast of Brazil, close to equator. Until about 15 years ago it was an isolated fishing village without any contact with modern civilization. In 1984 the place was declared an "Environmental Protected Area". Although tourism has reached the place, it still keeps the peaceful way of life. The village consists of five sandy streets and electricity is a relatively recent addition. It is only available in the houses, there are no street lights.
This jewel of Ceara has been considered by Washington Post Magazine as one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world. There is no doubt about the stunning natural beauty of the dunes, the lagoons within them and the ocean formed sculptures. Windsurf enthusiasts have their place guaranteed in Jericoacoara due the excellent climatic conditions. The sunset is also an attraction. The crowd climbs up the biggest dune to watch it. And in the nighttime forro music (a rhytmical Brazilian dance music), reggae and electronic dance music invade the streets of Jeri.
In Jeri (its nickname) you are completely isolated from the world, in intimate contact with the nature. You feel the sensation of freedom that the place transmits and no kind of behavior is restricted. Leave your worries behind and immerse yourself in this harmonic ambience. Jeri has a very special energy that enchants you from the first moment!!!
In spite of endless activities, relaxing in a hammock with your favourite book is still one of the most pleasurable... more travel advice
Arts and crafts in Jeri are sold in shops near the beach and around the village. Some of them offer incredibly beautiful... more travel advice
mircaskirca's Related Pages
Jericoacoara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My type of relax spot"
- "AN ECOLOGICAL PARADISE!"
- "Only pics!"
- "The end of the world!!"
- "Jericoacoara - Ceara"
- "jericoacoara...paradise now!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jericoacoara
- Hotels in Jericoacoara
- Transportation in Jericoacoara
- Nightlife in Jericoacoara
- Restaurants in Jericoacoara
- Shopping in Jericoacoara
- Warnings and Dangers in Jericoacoara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jericoacoara
- 24 Reviews
- 119 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Jericoacoara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jericoacoara
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hvar Intro, 52 reviews, 321 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 42 reviews, 282 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cartagena Intro, 44 reviews, 258 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sicilia Intro, 40 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bogotá Intro, 46 reviews, 246 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cali Intro, 37 reviews, 222 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 41 reviews, 217 photos, 10 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 40 reviews, 184 photos, 5 travelogues
- Isla de Providencia Intro, 26 reviews, 194 photos, 10 travelogues
- São Luís Intro, 25 reviews, 187 photos, 10 travelogues