"This town is more Wild West than Pacific Northwest" Tenino by kevanrijn
Tenino Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 17 photos
Makes it easy to remember, doesn't it? For a town this small, there's lots to do and see in Tenino. Shop for antiques at the Tenino Antique Mall, have some chocolates at Aunt Kate's, have a hot dog or Angus burger at Ed's Sunset Grill, or hoist one at the Landmark Tavern--and that's just what you can find to do in a two block stretch of the main street (aka Sussex Avenue or Washington route 507).
Then a little further down the road (going south) towards Bucoda is another fun place to stop: DJ's Country Market, and DJ's Pond and Garden Shop....
I'm gonna go back again. I didn't get to go in the Antique Mall although I was intrigued by some of the things I could see on display.... I did get a chocolate at Aunt Kate's--wouldn't mind having a few more of them! There are some other eating places I didn't get to try....
But I did try Ed's Sunset Grill. If you go to Tenino, you've got to check it out. Even if you aren't hungry, you will enjoy the uniqueness of Ed's quicky roadside eatery. Read my review of it under restaurant tips and look at all the photos and you'll see what I mean.
real soon and check out all the things I missed this trip. I gotta find out what this "Biscuits and Stuff" place is all about. Plus, I'm already jonesing for another one of Ed's deep fried hot dogs!
Well, I did make it back. Got to check out the Antique Mall...but I still didn't find out what the "Biscuits and Stuff" place has to offer (besides biscuits, of course). Guess that gives me an excuse to come back another time.....
- Pros:Friendly folks, good food
- In a nutshell:Small in size, not spirit
OK, flowers are not what they specialize in--koi or fountains might be closer but that's not a choice. DJ's does have... more travel advice
kevanrijn's Related Pages
Tenino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "This town is more Wild West than Pacific Northwest"
- "Once a Junction, but Off the Beaten Path Today"
- "Basaic Tenino Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tenino
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Tenino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tenino
Photos in TeninoSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Parkersburg Intro, 32 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination West Virginia Intro, 8 reviews, 25 photos
- Lakewood Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Mineral King Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Oare Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Tenino Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Cornwall Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Victoria Intro, 1 review, 8 photos