"Tacoma? I do miss it!" Top 5 Page for this destination Tacoma by kevanrijn

Tacoma Travel Guide: 179 reviews and 607 photos

Well we have moved away

and I really do miss some aspects of living in the area. I haven't found a replacement (good or not) for Great Cuisine of India to eat at when I need an Indian food fix. I absolutely miss all the lovely gardens and specialty nurseries available in the Pacific Northwest. I miss my friends...miss seeing the reflection of Mt. Ranier in Steilacoom Lake...miss all the lovely places to walk...miss wandering around Steilacoom.... Miss things you just don't see anywhere else---like the house in the picture above...which is NOT where I live, by the way, it's just a house in Tacoma that I thought was worth taking a photo of because of their totally over-the-top landscaping....

Those of you who live here

who grew up here, probably don't appreciate the loveliness and uniqueness of this place. So get off your duff and go out and look at all the beauty that surrounds you.

Don't wait any longer to get out and

become a tourist in your own home town. Go explore. Have fun.

• Pros:Lots to do, lovely gardens, friendly people
  • Cons:Traffic
  • Last visit to Tacoma: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 21, 2007

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Beautiful! That house is amazing!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2007 at 10:29 AM

I would miss such a place as well ! The landscapes and gardens look... marvellous, ah, yes, hours to spend with the camera :-) And a good Indian cuisine nearby is worth a ton of gold :-))

kevanrijn Used To Live Here!

kevanrijn

“Thursday's Child has far to go....”

Badges & Stats in Tacoma