"The place you can have a dream" Top 5 Page for this destination Lijiang by jasmine_ding
Lijiang Travel Guide: 570 reviews and 1,889 photos
Lijiang is a small city of Yunnan Province in the southwest of China. Temperature is 5?Ž~28?Ž from winter to summer. Beacause it's in a highland, the sun is very strong even in the winter.
There are two ways to get there, by air or by bus. If you come from Kunming (the capital of Yunnan Province), it'll take you 9 hours in the bus.
Near the city, there are famous sightseeing such as Yulong Snowmountain, Lugu Lake and Tiger Jump Canyon. You can find partners from YHA or many cafe's board, then, deal with a local driver and go there(Don't pay all the money before the trip is finished). You can rent a bike to go to Lashi Hai and Suhe Town.
If you want to know the real Lijiang, choose a hostel, inn or YHA in Dayan Town (the Old Town of Lijiang). There are many choices for tourists, for a backpacker, a group of friends. The price from ＄3/per~＄40/per. Not in pubilc days, people just pay ＄7 for a room (2 beds).
Besides, many hotels are suitable for families, couples and some people who want to have a comfortable and relax holiday in Lijiang.
Chinese food, pizza and French food can be found in the Old Town. Out of it, there is a market full of fruits and vegetablels for local. If you are permitted by the master of the accomodation, you can cook for yourself.
There are many bars and cafes in Dayan Town, beside water-ways, decorated with flowers. When the night comes, music, laugh and the sound of the water-way mix a dulcet song which you'll remember for a long time.
The most of local residents are kind and peaceful. You can ask for a help if there is something wrong. Give yourself a couple of days after traveling on the way, you can enjoy mild and warm time.
- Pros:kind people, comfortable environment. multiculture
- Cons:Don't go there in the chinese holiday
- In a nutshell:If you are there ,you'll love there
In the northwest of the Old Town of Lijiang, there is a hill. It is the best place for a bird's eye view of Lijiang... more travel advice
Wangfu Hotel is located in Lijiang old town, but not the busy part. It takes me 10 minutes walking from the hotel to the... more travel advice
jasmine_ding's Related Pages
Lijiang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Looking for a Lost Shangri-la"
- "Vigi's Lijiang Page - Explore Old Town + Minority"
- "Old town, streams, lakes and mountains"
- "The place you can have a dream"
- "Lijiang - is it real?"
- "Lijiang - Vintage China"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lijiang
- Hotels in Lijiang
- Transportation in Lijiang
- Nightlife in Lijiang
- Restaurants in Lijiang
- Shopping in Lijiang
- Warnings and Dangers in Lijiang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lijiang
- 13 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Lijiang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lijiang
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lijiang Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Ganzi Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
- Aba Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Fremantle Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rottnest Island Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Cairns Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Alice Springs Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos