"The echo of ancient" Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an by jasmine_ding

Xi'an Travel Guide: 1,091 reviews and 2,978 photos

This is my hometown. I live here, I love it here. I feel like I have a responsibility to let you know more about it.

There is an old saying "If you want to see China of 100 years ago, visit Shanghai; China of 500 years ago, Beijing; China of 2000 years ago, Xi'an."

In ancient times, it was called Chang'an. The meaning is prosperity forever. From the first emperor of China who unified all of China, Qin Shi Huang, many emperors established their capital here, totalling 1000 years.

Famous places

So many things shouldn't be missed, such as the Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses, the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, the Small Wild Goose Pagoda, the Forest of Stone Tablets, the Huaqing Hot Spring, the Fa Men Temple, the Qian Tomb, Shaanxi History Museum, Tang Paradise and so on.

If you like natural scenery, you could go to Hua Mountain, Taibai Mountain or Qinlin Mountains.

Snacks

Dumplings are the most favorite traditional food of the Chinese people. In dumpling feast, you will be pleasantly surprised by those various delicate dumplings.

Also, cool noodles, Chinese hamburgers, Saozi noodles, kabob, steamed soup stuffed buns, breaking bread in mutton or beef soup....... All in all, I believe that nobody can eat all of special local food in one week. Hehe, I tried but failed.

I'm working on this page and I'll be adding more tips.

Thanks to Museeuw, his kind words motivated me. To be continued......

• In a nutshell:an ancient city with unique style
  • Intro Updated Oct 7, 2007

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Superb set of pages!! Thanks Jasmine.

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2009 at 4:19 AM

fantastic page of Xi'an, i love the food...i am hungry!!!!!!

• Rabbityama's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2009 at 6:17 AM

China is so beautiful! Unfortunately, I never got to visit Xi'an, but I'd love to go back someday and see this city. Great tips and pictures!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Great page Jasmine!

• Dec 29, 2008 at 6:38 AM

please e mail me at slsongco@yahoo.com.my

• trvlrtom's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2008 at 7:56 PM

I hope you are doing well. Good information on Xi'an - I hope to return someday for a longer visit.

• MikeySoft's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Lots of good tips, you should get a gold star anytime now. :-)

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2008 at 12:11 AM

Such a wonderful page with History. The place is really beautiful but seems to be unexplored by the world. We would like to try that Noodle the king used to feed his army. Can you send the recipe? I think it's possible to buy it from our China Town. Great

• Niekie's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2008 at 2:15 PM

I much enjoyed reading your Xi'an page. I'm planning to visit your hometown this August. As planning progresses I'm sure lots of questions will come up. Now I know who to ask :-)

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2008 at 10:18 PM

best xian page i must say! great tips and the food...the food haha mouth-watering! now the challenge...how do i limit my stay at 3 days? ;0) thanks for sharing.

jasmine_ding Used To Live Here!

jasmine_ding

“free as a cloud in the blue sky”

Badges & Stats in Xi'an