"The echo of ancient" Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an by jasmine_ding
Xi'an Travel Guide: 1,091 reviews and 2,977 photos
This is my hometown. I live here, I love it here. I feel like I have a responsibility to let you know more about it.
There is an old saying "If you want to see China of 100 years ago, visit Shanghai; China of 500 years ago, Beijing; China of 2000 years ago, Xi'an."
In ancient times, it was called Chang'an. The meaning is prosperity forever. From the first emperor of China who unified all of China, Qin Shi Huang, many emperors established their capital here, totalling 1000 years.
So many things shouldn't be missed, such as the Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses, the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, the Small Wild Goose Pagoda, the Forest of Stone Tablets, the Huaqing Hot Spring, the Fa Men Temple, the Qian Tomb, Shaanxi History Museum, Tang Paradise and so on.
If you like natural scenery, you could go to Hua Mountain, Taibai Mountain or Qinlin Mountains.
Dumplings are the most favorite traditional food of the Chinese people. In dumpling feast, you will be pleasantly surprised by those various delicate dumplings.
Also, cool noodles, Chinese hamburgers, Saozi noodles, kabob, steamed soup stuffed buns, breaking bread in mutton or beef soup....... All in all, I believe that nobody can eat all of special local food in one week. Hehe, I tried but failed.
I'm working on this page and I'll be adding more tips.
Thanks to Museeuw, his kind words motivated me. To be continued......
- In a nutshell:an ancient city with unique style
There are two Real Love Chinese Restaurant in Xi'an. One is in the Hi-tech zone, the other one is close to the Small... more travel advice
I didn't want to write a tip about Terracotta Army, cz so many people have built tips about it. So what is the purpose... more travel advice
- See All Night view-North Square of Big Wild...
- See All Three ways to Huashan Mountain
- See All Food when you outside city
Written May 2, 2007
View of Old Country Seat
Written May 4, 2007
Jia Wutai Mountain-beautiful and steep
jasmine_ding's Related Pages
Xi'an Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The echo of ancient"
- "Xian "Peaceful western part of China""
- "Shifting cities"
- "Beautiful Xi'an"
- "Xian - our stopover to see the Terracotta Army"
- "Qing Ming @Xi'an"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Xi'an
- Hotels in Xi'an
- Transportation in Xi'an
- Nightlife in Xi'an
- Restaurants in Xi'an
- Shopping in Xi'an
- Warnings and Dangers in Xi'an
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Xi'an
- 39 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 25 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Xi'an?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Xi'an
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: Beijing to Xian day trip &..."
- Wrote a Review Best Chinese reataurant in Xi'an in Xi'an Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cool world-Zhuque National Forest Park"
- Commented on one of easterntrekker's Xi'an travel pages
- updated a Xi'an Travel Page "The echo of ancient"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Xi'an Intro, 39 reviews, 89 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lijiang Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- Ganzi Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
- Aba Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Fremantle Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rottnest Island Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Cairns Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Province Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Alice Springs Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos