"Beautiful Banff" Top 5 Page for this destination Banff by Karlie85

Banff Travel Guide: 478 reviews and 1,023 photos

Banff is a tiny town of about 7000 permanent residents located in Banff National Park. The town itself is quite commercial and always packed full of tourists every time of year. The shops, restaurants and hotels are on the expensive side. The National Park is gorgeous, with stunning mountains, pristine lakes, glaciers and lots of wildlife. There are almost endless things to do in Banff, so you really don't have to spend a lot of time in the town if you don't want to. I've been to Banff 3 times in the past 5 years, and more when I was younger. Every time I go, I find something new that I want to do the next time.

Banff is about a one hour drive from Calgary and about 4 hours from Edmonton. I love it because it is close enough for a weekend getaway. Banff is a must see for anyone visiting Western Canada, and if you have the time, Canada at all!

** Banff National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage site, as part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks **

My page covers things in Banff the town and Banff National Park. I've put them all under Banff, rather than having a page under Banff and another page under Banff National Park!

• Pros:Beautiful, nice weather, lots to do
  • Cons:Lots of people all the time, expensive
  • In a nutshell:Worth a few visits!
  • Last visit to Banff: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 24, 2008

• Pinat's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Our dream is to drive around Canada with a rental car for a month one day. We're still a bit far away from that dream but I have my lottery ticket:) Banff seems sooo nice.

• hivaoa1's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2008 at 3:01 PM

I'd also love to visit this beautiful area, so much nature... :D

• starship's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Very lovely page, Karlie. I appreciate your honesty with the restaurant tips. The scenery must have been breathtaking!

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2008 at 9:54 AM

Thank you for the great card!! Banff looks so beautiful, I love mountains. I'd also visit the COWS shop, I love things with sheep and cows:) greetings from sunny Sofia

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2008 at 3:18 PM

Hi Karlie, thanks a lot the beautiful postcard and this nice page! I did a working holiday in Banff NP many years ago, it's about time to come back :)

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2007 at 11:41 AM

This place is amazing.The pictures here are nice.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2007 at 3:12 AM

Another beauty spot to come visit! Thanks for the photos of the beautiful scenery!

• canadiantravelgirl's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2007 at 7:45 AM

Good place!!! What time of the year did you go there? My husband and I are planning on going there in late September.

• Sobe-A-Rush's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 12:02 AM

Geez Banff is gorgeous... Yea i have to get on the Canadian tips soon here. Good luck with the tickets...how does it work what stadiums did you apply for any what not? Oh...and 2012....POLAND is hosting EURO..yeeoooooo

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2007 at 6:06 PM

Hello there Karlie, Beautiful pics and great info I thought the stake house like was a very cool like. And The Cave and Basin Hot Springs sounded great...Donna :)

Badges & Stats in Banff