Jasper National Park Restaurant Tips by Karlie85
Jasper National Park Restaurants: 23 reviews and 16 photos
Every time I go to Jasper I have to go to the Soft Rock Cafe for breakfast.
Located on the main street, the Soft Rock is a cute little restaurant that also serves as an internet cafe (so you can check VT on the go ;)). They serve your standard eggs, toast and bacon, as well as some really delicious omelets and baking. All you have to do is go up to the counter and order what you like, and they will call your name when it is ready.
You can eat inside or outside, with a nice little patio that is great in the summer.
Favorite Dish: 1 egg (sunny side up), bacon, toast and roasted potatoes ($4.95 for one egg, $5.95 for 2, $6.95 for 3).
Salmon and asparagus omelet. Fantastic!
Address: 622 Connaught Drive
Comparison: about average
Phone: (780) 852-5850
Jasper Pizza Place is an inviting pizza restaurant on Jasper's main street.
When you walk in you have the option of self-serve, where you tell them at the counter what you would like, and when it's ready go to the counter and pick it up, or full-serve, which is just normal restaurant service.
JPP makes their pizzas on a wood fired oven. There are pre-designed pizzas to order from, or you can make one however you like it. They have all your regular toppings, as well as some different selections, including salmon, capers and asparagus. You have a choice of thin or thick crust. They also have a really delicious house salad with an interesting yogurt dill dressing.
The staff are also very friendly and easy going.
They have lots of beer on tap and a couple of pool tables.
Favorite Dish: House salad with lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers and lots of delicious dressing!
Address: 402 Connaught Drive
Comparison: about average
Phone: 780 852 3225
I stopped into Papa George's for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. I got there around 1:45pm, and since they closed at 2pm until supper time, there were only people at one other table. When I walked by later in the evening, the restaurant looked quite busy. The waitress was extremely nice and polite.
We both ordered the soup and sandwich special for $8. I had beef and barley and Dave had french onion, and both had ceaser salad. The salad and soup were both pretty small, but both very tasty.
The decor was simple and classy.
Address: 404 Connaught Drive
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Located inside the Astoria Hotel
L & W was the first restaurant I went to on my last trip to Jasper. After being on the highway for several hours, I was looking for a good, quick, inexpensive meal, and that is what I found here.
The menu is predominantly Greek food, with pizza, pasta and some other items as well.
We decided to go with the Dolmathes as an appetizer, something we have never tried before. It was 4 rice stuffed vines topped with olive oil and red onion, with tzatziki on the side and a slice of lemon. We were happy with the choice we made. It was an interesting new taste for the both of us, and we liked it :)
For the main course I had chicken souvlaki, which came with a Greek salad, rice, pita bread and tzatziki. The chicken was some of the tenderest chicken I have had at a restaurant.
Dave had the Greek cabbage rolls, stuffed with beef, rice, veggies and seasoning, with Greek salad and potato on the side.
Address: Corner of Hazel and Patricia Street
Comparison: less expensive than average
More Reviews (11)
- See All Jasper Yellowhead Museum and Archives
- It can still get cold...
- See All In the heart of Jasper
- Slow down!
Karlie85's Related Pages
Jasper National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Wind Whispers Jasper"
- "Crown Jewel of the Canadian National Park System"
- "The beautiful Jasper National Park in Alberta."
- "Jasper, Mother Nature's Masterpiece"
- "WELCOME TO JASPER NATIONAL PARK"
- "A dream come true."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jasper National Park
- Hotels in Jasper National Park
- Transportation in Jasper National Park
- Nightlife in Jasper National Park
- Restaurants in Jasper National Park
- Shopping in Jasper National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Jasper National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Gonzales Hotels
- Leaside Hotels
- Chrysi Island Hotels
- Al Qasr al `Ayni Hotels
- Otok Lopud
- Martina Franca
Badges & Stats in Jasper National Park
- 15 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Jasper National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jasper National Park
- Posted in Travel Morocco Forum "Re: How to book train tickets..."
- updated a Jasper National Park Travel Page "Jasper"
- Wrote a Review Jasper Yellowhead Museum and Archives in Jasper National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Maligne Canyon"
- Commented on one of Daja123's Jasper National Park travel pages
Photos in Jasper National ParkSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edmonton Intro, 48 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff Intro, 20 reviews, 37 photos
- Jasper National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drumheller Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Victoria Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Quebec Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- White Rock Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Göteborg Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
Latest Jasper National Park hotel reviews
- Canyons/Waterfalls- 20 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Athabasca Falls- 34 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Lakes- 41 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Icefield - Snowcoach- 20 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Mountains/Glaciers/Rivers.- 33 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Wildlife.- 17 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Sunwapta River & Falls- 15 Reviews, 22 Photos
- The Whistlers/Tramway- 10 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Hikes /Trails- 8 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Jasper Information Centre- 3 Reviews, 6 Photos