"Journey to White Rock" White Rock by Karlie85
White Rock Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 75 photos
I always find it a little bit hard to write intros, because I either didn't spend much time in a place, or they have a special meaning to me so it's hard to put into words.
My husband Dave was born in White Rock, about 45 minutes outside of Vancouver, in 1984. His family only lived there until he was 4 and then moved to Alberta. I have always lived in Alberta and never been to the West Coast. His mom always talks about how much she loves it there, and how she wants to retire there, and how she cried on the long, long drive to Alberta, the whole way. Dave would tell me about playing on the beach everyday and laying pennies down on the railroad tracks to get them all squished.
He hadn't been back since they moved away. 21 years is a long time! And, I'd never even been to Vancouver, so what better reasons to go somewhere? We were only there for about 28 hours, but I really loved it. I could feel how special it was, and I could just imagine how great it would be to grow up by the ocean, too young to be in school, having your mom at home with you, and getting to play in the sand and water every day. It was the best part of our short West Coast trip and I sincerely can't wait to go back and spend more time in White Rock and do some more exploring.
You know you’ve found a good place to stay when you walk into the room and you instantly wish you were staying for more... more travel advice
My husband and I stopped here for lunch when we arrived in town on a cool, windy Tuesday afternoon. Although there are... more travel advice
Karlie85's Related Pages
White Rock Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Journey to White Rock"
- "White Rock - Canada Day 2005"
- "A Great Evening Stroll"
- "Very romantic..."
- "Lovely for an Evening Stroll"
- "The Gateway To British Columbia"
- "Cool Chilled Little Seaside Resort"
- See All...
- Things to Do in White Rock
- Hotels in White Rock
- Nightlife in White Rock
- Restaurants in White Rock
- Warnings and Dangers in White Rock
- See All...
Badges & Stats in White Rock
- 9 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to White Rock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in White Rock
Photos in White RockSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edmonton Intro, 48 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff Intro, 20 reviews, 37 photos
- Jasper National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drumheller Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Victoria Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Quebec Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- White Rock Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Göteborg Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos