"Journey to White Rock" White Rock by Karlie85

White Rock Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 69 photos

I always find it a little bit hard to write intros, because I either didn't spend much time in a place, or they have a special meaning to me so it's hard to put into words.

My husband Dave was born in White Rock, about 45 minutes outside of Vancouver, in 1984. His family only lived there until he was 4 and then moved to Alberta. I have always lived in Alberta and never been to the West Coast. His mom always talks about how much she loves it there, and how she wants to retire there, and how she cried on the long, long drive to Alberta, the whole way. Dave would tell me about playing on the beach everyday and laying pennies down on the railroad tracks to get them all squished.

He hadn't been back since they moved away. 21 years is a long time! And, I'd never even been to Vancouver, so what better reasons to go somewhere? We were only there for about 28 hours, but I really loved it. I could feel how special it was, and I could just imagine how great it would be to grow up by the ocean, too young to be in school, having your mom at home with you, and getting to play in the sand and water every day. It was the best part of our short West Coast trip and I sincerely can't wait to go back and spend more time in White Rock and do some more exploring.

• Last visit to White Rock: May 2009
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2009

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Wow, what a lovely place. The intro photo of the pier is beautiful. Nice shot!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Wow... the rock looks really white.

• starship's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2009 at 7:50 PM

White Rock sure sounds charming. Great accommodation & restaurant tips! Nice photos. Hope you had a marvelous time! Sylvia

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Hello, Karlie! Thanks for your story! It's a nice place to visit, I see! <><><>

Badges & Stats in White Rock

Have you been to White Rock?

Latest Activity in White Rock