"Cosenza" Cosenza by Karlie85
Cosenza Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 23 photos
Writing this Cosenza/Calabria/Donnici Superiore/Piane Crati page is going to be a bit overwhelming for me. Not because they are huge tourist towns with millions of things to do, but because this is where my family comes from, and this is one of the main reasons I wanted to visit Italy. It's going to take me some time to put up all the pictures, write the tips and link everything together. I hope to make this page excellent. Not a lot of people visit the Southern part of Italy unless they have family from there, so I want to represent it well. Please keep coming back. It will get better! :)
Even though I was born in Canada, it was so interesting to see my roots and see where my family came from. Cosenza has about 70,000 people, and including all the tiny neighboring villages there are about 200,000 people in the area. My family comes from two of the tiny villages - Piane Crati and Donnici Superiore. It's a very hard feeling to describe, and I want to do them justice.
I will absolutely improve this page very soon. I just want to get it right and find the right words to describe it, but I wanted to put up some sort of intro for now.
The Cathedral of Cosenza is located in the historic centre of town. It was built in the 11th century and, like many... more travel advice
The Holiday Inn Cosenza is 5-10 minutes from downtown and the train station. A cab from the train station cost 15 Euros.... more travel advice
Karlie85's Related Pages
Cosenza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Portrait of Cosenza"
- "A Very Warm Welcome"
- "Cosenza, the Capital of Calabria"
- "Why do I feel like "I'm coming home", here...???"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cosenza
- Hotels in Cosenza
- Transportation in Cosenza
- Warnings and Dangers in Cosenza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cosenza
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Cosenza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cosenza
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Edmonton Intro, 48 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff Intro, 20 reviews, 37 photos
- Jasper National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Berlin Intro, 13 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Drumheller Intro, 10 reviews, 26 photos
- Victoria Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Quebec Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- White Rock Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Göteborg Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos