"Cosenza" Cosenza by Karlie85

Cosenza Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 23 photos

Writing this Cosenza/Calabria/Donnici Superiore/Piane Crati page is going to be a bit overwhelming for me. Not because they are huge tourist towns with millions of things to do, but because this is where my family comes from, and this is one of the main reasons I wanted to visit Italy. It's going to take me some time to put up all the pictures, write the tips and link everything together. I hope to make this page excellent. Not a lot of people visit the Southern part of Italy unless they have family from there, so I want to represent it well. Please keep coming back. It will get better! :)

Even though I was born in Canada, it was so interesting to see my roots and see where my family came from. Cosenza has about 70,000 people, and including all the tiny neighboring villages there are about 200,000 people in the area. My family comes from two of the tiny villages - Piane Crati and Donnici Superiore. It's a very hard feeling to describe, and I want to do them justice.

I will absolutely improve this page very soon. I just want to get it right and find the right words to describe it, but I wanted to put up some sort of intro for now.

• Last visit to Cosenza: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Jul 7, 2008

• Sep 22, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Regarding your beautiful photo of "The Cathedral" in Cosenza, Calabria...... What do they call this (what is the name of) cathedral?

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Just stopped by for another little visit to this page. It must have been great to visit your ancestral village. Did you find any relatives still living here?

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Always great to visit one's ancestral village. I visited mine in China too :)

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Cosenza! I spent a weekend there.

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Nice page!!

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2008 at 7:43 AM

Your ancestors would be very proud, Karlie. I love the personal connection and your appreciation for your heritage. Your tips are excellent - interesting, informative and comprehensive.

Badges & Stats in Cosenza

Have you been to Cosenza?

Latest Activity in Cosenza