"The Soul of the Mountain Spring" vj_nija's Profile
I fell in love with .... mountains being a little girl. I am not that big alpinist (didn't feel a need yet). Still *the Soul of the Mountain Spring* is very live inside me. I try to find mountains in my every journey. Every journey is a mountain. Every step of the day leads to the mountain.
...So don't give up climbing to see the beauty of life... each day... wherever you go...
* I found this slogan in one pretty interesting book: "The Book About Peolpe and Things" (latvian writer Zenta Maurina). This marvelous memoir is about traveling through cultural, geographical, historical and nature layers of Europe. And one chapter is about people of mountains and plains - amazing.
"There are two types of people: people of plains and mountain climbers. Fricis Barda has called the firs ones as the Soul of Duck's Pond, and the others as the Soul of Mountain Spring. The Soul of Duck's Pond or a plain man would feel nothing even if he has climbed on the top of Mount Blanc..." *
Sometimes I like to escape to...
...the pleasant memories...
...the outside of the window...
...the conversations with SOMEONE high up...
Then I come back relaxed and full of joy and love to the life.
It's one of my escapes...
I like various music. And I have a singer I like most during certain periods of my life.
Recently I escape to the music of Sinead O'Connor while going to and back from work.
The journey to Latvia - Brainstorm
The journey to Italy - Andrea Miro
Summer in USA - Tracy Chapman
I have hard job to do - Anouk
I was a student - Roxette, Queen, Natalie Imbruglia, folk, ...etc
Most wonderfull composition - mix of violin and guitar... mmmm - amazing:)
Thanks to my parents and esspecially to my Mother I found the joy of traveling very close to my hart. They showed me the mountains when I was 5 years old. They took me to various places of Lithuania. We explored national rivers by canoeing.
I started traveling alone of with my best friends when I was 15. Prague was the first step out alone. I have visited some European countries with various grous of students.
Untill...2000:) Since then I have a companion I adore most... on the journey of my life:) He, my husband Tomas, made all my journeys be more interesting, more full of experiences, discoveries, more full of.. COLOURS!
I am crazy of planning and traveling, he is crazy about photography and traveling.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 10 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 1 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Commented on satara's profile page
- created a Switzerland Travel Page "Swiss Mountains by Car"
- Posted in Travel Vilnius Forum "Re: reporting trip to Vilnius"
created their Personal Page "Family"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wide sea shore of Latvia"
- Wrote a Review Great Live Music Pub in Ravenna Nightlife
Top 5 Pages
- Bolzano Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Vernazza Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Venice Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Corniglia Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Manarola Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
No friends yet.
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54962 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23315 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- Philadelphia Hotels
- 2093 Reviews - 4054 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos