"My short and sweet love affair with Kashmir" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Jammu and Kashmir by Sharmishtha

State of Jammu and Kashmir Travel Guide: 508 reviews and 1,902 photos

Alas those fine days are gone.....

My love affair with Kashmir started way back on 1982 when I first landed there as a wee toddler. I still remember parts of Pahalgam, Sonemarg and Gulmarg though it was all a bit hazy like a sepia photograph from my father's old trunk.
And then the sad turn of events in the valley crushed all my hopes of visiting it when I was growing up...However, thankfully my dying dreams got a fresh lease of life when I got a project to work with J&K Bank in 2005. Between Nov 05 and March 06 there were 4 trips to the state-on work and hence not much of trekking/backpacking involved. However, some beautiful moments were snatched in between which I shall treasure forever......A short and sweet love affair with this beautiful land.

Friends- beautiful friends

Omar, Sehar, Javed Bhai, Aashiq bhai......so many beautiful beautiful people....I am truly overwhelmed by your warmth and hospitality shown at every occasion.

• Pros:Beautiful land, beautiful warm and charming people, great food!
  • Cons:Security hassles, cannot stay out late in the evening
  • Last visit to State of Jammu and Kashmir: Apr 2006
  • Intro Written Sep 6, 2006

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2006 at 9:01 AM

Beautiful page to start with Sharmistha. You could have made more tips instead of collage of photographs. I saved all the Dal lake photographs. Great start, please put some more.

Sharmishtha

“A few precious moments worth a lifetime of humdrum existence”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in State of Jammu and Kashmir

Have you been to State of Jammu and Kashmir?

Latest Activity in State of Jammu and Kashmir