"Rome - hot and wet in the Eternal City" Rome by BlueBeth
Rome Travel Guide: 12,391 reviews and 27,848 photos
Rome is one of the best cities I've ever visited. Once you get used to the unusual opening hours and booking arrangements you can relax and enjoy. I arrived in late September and the first few days the weather was fantastic, however, on the Monday (yes, the one day we'd arranged to go to the beach!) the heavens opened... It even made the Italian news, the rain was that heavy! We decided against the beach and toured some more churches (more of those later), and were amazed to watch great lakes of puddles growing before our eyes... You don't get rain like that in Halifax I'm telling you :o)
Ok so I know it's a bit twee, but you've got to do it. It's like the Eiffel Tower, Buckingham Palace, the Taj Mahal... more travel advice
The only art gallery we'd heard about before visiting Rome was at Villa Borghese and was supposed to be stunning. I say... more travel advice
BlueBeth's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "weekends in Rome"
- "La Città Dei Sette Colli"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Halifax Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Leeds Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos
- Manchester Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Rome Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Sydney Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Florence Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- Florida Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Pisa Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos