"Mugla Area of Turkey" Turkey by soundchaseruk
Turkey Travel Guide: 24,657 reviews and 70,956 photos
Marmaris I once thought was a place where fat tattooed English men and women (???) went with their fat kids wearing their English beach shorts or football kit, and all drinking beer and being very embarrassing !!!
(sorry if that upset anyone but I am being honest !)
Well the reality is that there is a an element of the cheap package holiday tourist trade here, but also another side. The harbour, and busy commecial centre is a delight to visit and experience
Turunc is a old fishing village which in recent years has grown due to the tourist industry which has developed. this is a small and friendly village, nestled at the foot of the mountainous bay, and is in no way spoilt.
The only way to Turunc is by the winding road down the mountain or by boat from Ichmeler or Marmaris (1hr away). There are many small shops and restaurants and everyone is very friendly. the beach is of sand and some small shingle and the beach has the european Blue Flag for cleanliness.
Not many tour operators are set up in the village but it is easy to find a small hotel or villa to stay in, and if you are not too fussy about accommodation you can stay in a room over a restaurant over-looking the sea, for a small amount of money
- Pros:Quiet, still maintains a village atmosphere, No Lager louts here
- Cons:Too few people come here. Recent private developement has not sold and is empty
- In a nutshell:A green, mountainous, friendly, cultured and wonderful country and people.
Turunc has expanded in recent years but not spoilt at all, however this sleepy liitle village still suffers from low... more travel advice
Hiring a car in Turunc and Turkey generally is not cheap. About £30 a day and take note that they don't give you a full... more travel advice
soundchaseruk's Related Pages
Turkey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkey - a travell from east to west"
- "DID YOU KNOW THAT ?"
- "My Turkey - real and virtual"
- "Turkey's Magnificent Riviera"
- "Travels in Turkey"
- "Turkey: Spans Both Europe and Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkey
- Hotels in Turkey
- Transportation in Turkey
- Nightlife in Turkey
- Restaurants in Turkey
- Shopping in Turkey
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkey
- 17 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Turkey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkey
Videos in TurkeySee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- China Intro, 25 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turunc Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos
- Cambridge Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Turkey Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Guangzhou Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Guilin Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Mumbai 1 review, 1 photo
- Shanghai Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
FriendsSee All Friends (9)
Top Turkey hotels
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Antalya Hotels
- 739 Reviews - 2057 Photos
- Marmaris Hotels
- 624 Reviews - 1134 Photos
- Bodrum Hotels
- 708 Reviews - 1641 Photos
- Icmeler Hotels
- 235 Reviews - 455 Photos
- Alanya Hotels
- 435 Reviews - 986 Photos
- Kusadasi Hotels
- 312 Reviews - 853 Photos
- Side Hotels
- 143 Reviews - 364 Photos
- Belek Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Fethiye Hotels
- 352 Reviews - 878 Photos
- Hisaronu Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 57 Photos
- Ankara Hotels
- 372 Reviews - 1286 Photos
- Pamukkale Hotels
- 270 Reviews - 958 Photos
- Izmir Hotels
- 454 Reviews - 1275 Photos
- Kemer Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 168 Photos