"Mugla Area of Turkey" Turkey by soundchaseruk
Turkey Travel Guide: 25,445 reviews and 74,264 photos
Marmaris I once thought was a place where fat tattooed English men and women (???) went with their fat kids wearing their English beach shorts or football kit, and all drinking beer and being very embarrassing !!!
(sorry if that upset anyone but I am being honest !)
Well the reality is that there is a an element of the cheap package holiday tourist trade here, but also another side. The harbour, and busy commecial centre is a delight to visit and experience
Turunc is a old fishing village which in recent years has grown due to the tourist industry which has developed. this is a small and friendly village, nestled at the foot of the mountainous bay, and is in no way spoilt.
The only way to Turunc is by the winding road down the mountain or by boat from Ichmeler or Marmaris (1hr away). There are many small shops and restaurants and everyone is very friendly. the beach is of sand and some small shingle and the beach has the european Blue Flag for cleanliness.
Not many tour operators are set up in the village but it is easy to find a small hotel or villa to stay in, and if you are not too fussy about accommodation you can stay in a room over a restaurant over-looking the sea, for a small amount of money
- Pros:Quiet, still maintains a village atmosphere, No Lager louts here
- Cons:Too few people come here. Recent private developement has not sold and is empty
- In a nutshell:A green, mountainous, friendly, cultured and wonderful country and people.
I haven't stayed here but I know the owner and his staff. The accommodation is basic and comfortable and cheap, with sea... more travel advice
The current Major of Turunc Mr Fidan owns the Fidan night club and bar on the main street (there is only one street !!).... more travel advice
soundchaseruk's Related Pages
Turkey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkey - a travell from east to west"
- "DID YOU KNOW THAT ?"
- "My Turkey - real and virtual"
- "Turkey's Magnificent Riviera"
- "Travels in Turkey"
- "Turkey: Spans Both Europe and Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkey
- Hotels in Turkey
- Transportation in Turkey
- Nightlife in Turkey
- Restaurants in Turkey
- Shopping in Turkey
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkey
- 17 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Turkey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkey
Videos in TurkeySee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- China Intro, 25 reviews, 48 photos
- Thailand Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turunc Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos
- Cambridge Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Turkey Intro, 7 reviews, 4 photos
- Guangzhou Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Guilin Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Nevsehir Intro, 3 photos