"It's No Las Vegas" Top 5 Page for this destination Pristina by Greatwalk0
Pristina Travel Guide: 287 reviews and 477 photos
Kosovo is a great place to travel for people with the right frame of mind. The history surrounding this province is facinating, the residents are extremely friendly. And the food is excellent! Unfortunately, as a city, Pristina can be somewhat uneventful, with very little to do or see. This will lead most visitors to Pristina to do a considerable amount of regional travel during their free time. That being said, Pristina (and Kosovo in general) holds a lot of interesting surprises to curious travelors with the right frame of mind.
One interesting thing about Kosovo and its population:
They are extremely friendly and LOVE Americans (Bill Clinton in particular), due to our intervention in the region during the 1990s. There is even a Bill Clinton Avenue located in central Pristina.
There are not too many places where an American tourist can flaunt their citizenship, but Kosovo (save the Serbia enclaves) is one of them.
For thoughtful travelers who don't mind venturing off the beaten path, Kosovo can be a great place to visit. I live here now and have found the city to be much more hospitable for long-term living as opposed to short-term visits.
For anyone thinking about venturing out to this region, I strongly suggest doing some background research before hopping on the plane. Understanding and appreciating the politics of the former Yugoslavia is critical, particularly in Kosovo, which is still recuperating from its 1999 war.
- Pros:Extremely friendly and outgoing people
- Cons:Can be boring
It seems as though most of the internationals living long-term in Pristina live in Dragodan. Dragodan has its advantages... more travel advice
Pristina is surrounded by a number of paintball arenas - including one in Novo Brdo (1 hour drive) and one in Ferizaj... more travel advice
- See All When Flying from Pristina to USA Via...
- See All Another Choice for Mexican
- Qebaptores (Kebab Restaurants)!
- See All Good Music for Good People
Greatwalk0's Related Pages
Pristina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not your normal tourist spot ..."
- "It's No Las Vegas"
- "Prishtina 2008"
- "My Dear Pristine Town - Prishtina"
- "Another sort of tourism"
- "Pristina - The Little Big City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pristina
- Hotels in Pristina
- Transportation in Pristina
- Nightlife in Pristina
- Restaurants in Pristina
- Shopping in Pristina
- Warnings and Dangers in Pristina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pristina
- 43 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Pristina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pristina
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pristina Intro, 43 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tirana Intro, 21 reviews, 19 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 21 reviews, 10 photos
- Yerevan Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Bishkek Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Dushanbe Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Johannesburg 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Skopje Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.