"Susies world" suenews's Profile

my world

I live in a small village 20 miles from London. I have four children and three grandchildren, who definately keep me on my toes!!I have not been to many countrys, but i intend to start!!!My one real dream is to do a world cruise and do it in style?Alas, cannot see that happening for real but we can all dream cant we?

I am an animal lover have 4 cats and a mutt!also love reading and watching old war films and westerns.Dont do romance or slush,boring?

Kracow

It has been a long time since i have been able to write about my trip to Poland, mainly due to ill health, but i am back on track now, although recovering from a broken leg!

I went to Poland March 2007 and stayed in Kracow. It was a truly lovely experience, with so much to see and do, in fact we did not get to do every thing we wanted to do. I did how ever get to visit Auschwitz/ Birkanau the reason i went in the first place and it was very moving. Kracow is a beautiful city and is very cheap to eat and drink. we stayed in the centre of Kracow, which seemed to be full of churches!! and in the market place there were umpteen places that sold religious artifacts, along with lots of lovely Amber! This was really lovely, and if you are a lover of amber then Krakow is the place to go it is really cheap. We went expecting it to be absolutely freezing so we dressed for this. Thick jumpers, soxs, hats gloves, brollys, you name it we had it!! Well next time i go i will check the weather, it was so mild and sunny but very wellcome. we only stayed for five days, but i would say to any one who gos, spend a bit longer, we are planning to return later this year and will be staying a lot longer!

• Intro Updated Feb 18, 2008

• painterdave's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2006 at 8:02 PM

Glad to see you are starting a home page. Good luck on your world cruise...nice dream, now you gotta do it!

• Janani's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2006 at 10:33 AM

Good luck with your dreams of travel. I hope you make them come true. I accidentally visited Dartford a few weeks ago, due to being engrossed in a book on the train and missing my stop!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

suenews

“stay safe”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.