"Sárospatak-charming town with a renassaince castle" Sarospatak by 1courage
Sarospatak Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 33 photos
This is Sárospatak`s most important historical monument. When we were the last time, in 2004 it was under renovation, but now it`s in a perfect shape.
It`s located right at the Bodrog river from wich you can see a nice Panorama of the castle and...-->
the gothic Catholic church (with fantastic main altar) and the classical Protestant church. Both are magnificent. But here you can find also other buildings, like the Protestant Collage home to one of Hungary`s most famous bibliotheques, and some interesting modern architecture as well...-->
Makovecz is the most important representative of the hungarian modern organic architecture. In the 80`s he worked here as the official architect of the town, creating himself some exellent buildings, like for example the one you see on this image.
- Pros:Beautiful Castle, wellcoming streets and glorious past
- Cons:Quite far away from Budapest...
- In a nutshell:A must if you`re in Northern Hungary!
1courage's Related Pages
Sarospatak Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sa'rospatak: fort, wine, river"
- "Sárospatak-charming town with a renassaince castle"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sarospatak
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Sarospatak?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sarospatak
- Commented on one of ostia's Sarospatak travel pages
- Posted in Travel Budapest Forum "Re: Smoking"
- updated a Sarospatak Travel Page "Sárospatak-charming town with a renassaince castle"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sárospatak-charming town with a renassaince castle"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 278 reviews, 1314 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veszprem Intro, 37 reviews, 151 photos
- Vac Intro, 26 reviews, 101 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tihany Intro, 18 reviews, 88 photos
- Gyor Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Szekesfehervar Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 photos
- Florence Intro, 3 photos
- Prague Intro, 3 photos
- Geneva Intro, 3 photos